Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 5333 times)

Offline loser

Vaccinations
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2021, 11:54. »
I had my first jab, a Pfizer one, at the end of January. I just hope the politicians don't end up disrupting the supplies of my second one due in about a month.

That's interesting. In sweden it's three weeks between the pfizer jabs. Got my second this Monday.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 13:02. »
Was intended for 21 days for pzner 2nd jab, but was extended to 90 days to get though the rest of patients waiting.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2021, 09:34. »
Wow Ursula has really spat the dummy now . Threatening export bans , seizing control of Pfizer’s plant in Germany etc etc .   

All I suspect to make a large smokescreen around the EUs mess . As of yesterday their were millions of doses of Astra Zeneca sitting in France , but the problem is that even when it gets the full seal of approval from everyone today , no one will take it , Mr Macron would have more chance offering poison as he has personally tainted the product so badly no one will touch it .

I voted to stay in EU but seeing it descend it to this chaos is making me think I was wrong

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2021, 12:09. »
Your right Spurs - I was very much a pro EU person who voted to remain.

The way that the EU is handling itself over the vaccination fiasco and it brutal bullying of countries that might have wanted to go there own way on this makes me have to sadly admit I was wrong to support them.

I am hearing more soundbites coming out of the Eu presidency and council of how they want to surround themselves with more Federalist powers going forward.

Ursula Von der Leyen - is clearly incapable and power-mad, on one hand she talks of sanctions and stopping exports of the Oxford/AZ jab out of Europe and then (encourages?) a failure to to uptake of the available stocks that are there sitting on shelves.

I am truly baffled

BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2021, 20:14. »
Was reported that they are suspending of the Pfizer vaccine to ensure that there are enough doses to give people their second dose.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2021, 20:15. »
Oops. Don’t know who is advising Ursula but they are not doing a very good job. I’m not sure it will work to ban exports of vaccines to the country that supplies the raw materials to make it . Sounds like another Irish border climb down coming.
Foot in mouth moments are becoming the norm in this fiasco of roll out in EU meanwhile millions of Aztra Zeneca vaccines sit in fridges in France and Germany as no one will touch it

I really hope they get their act together soon we all need them to get up to speed but I suspect until Ursula and Macron have gone this is going to keep happening

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2021, 10:05. »
We have the Pfzer 2nd jabs booked for this week @ our health centre in stockport
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2021, 10:52. »
My second AZ jab is due 13 May.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 16:11. »
So the Berlin region of Germany has again suspended the use of Astra Zeneca vaccine on under 60s this time . They are siting a single blood clot case. I suspect Macron in France can’t wait to do the same .
How many more times do they need to check the facts .
Everyone from the WHO down to the EU medical buffs have said it is no more likely to cause side effects than Pfizer or any of the other vaccines, it’s as effective if not better than Pfizer in all age groups

Could this be because it’s british ? If they don’t want it send it back here we can redouble our program , where over 20 million have had it with no evidence of blood clots

Politics over lives from EU again

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 16:27. »
I think this will all end in tears, foreign companies investing do so believing there goods or services are safe from political interference, can you imagine if the uk banned exports of Nissan and Toyota cars, the Japanese would rightly pull investment from the country. All the major vaccine players are non eu owned so must be considering the long term strategy if vaccines are needed for years to come, we can’t have napoleon waving his flag every 5 minutes causing mischief with Herr Murkool.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2021, 18:34. »
Just send the spare ones back to the UK (and send them no more)

Makes me laugh on one hand they (wrongly) blame AZ for not supplying enough and state that's the reason they are behind - now they are not using it THAT is the reason why they are behind!

The EU has only got itself to blame on this matter and now will have blood on its hands as more people will die
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2021, 17:29. »
And yet again the AZ vaccine has been cleared by the EU medical team (for about the 100th time ) I expect any moment dopey Macron will ban it in France.

You have to feel sorry for the French people who are now in a very bad place with the virus probably worse than anything we have seen here and a lot of the blame for that sits at the presidents door .

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2021, 21:32. »
We had first of AZ vaccination on 13th Feb, have now been told that we can have the second after 8 weeks so are booking in next Monday for an appointment later on in the week. The roll out seems to be going extremely well in our neck of the woods.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Vaccinations
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2021, 08:32. »
I had my second Pfizer exactly eight weeks after the first. Whilst I no longer own a place in GA and don't have the anxiety that you guys are experiencing, this pandemic has disrupted my continental touring in my motorhome last year and this year looks like a repeat situation. Factor in the additional Brexit implications and it seems that the world has gone mad.

Offline Dave C

Vaccinations
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2021, 13:07. »
Just had a call from Santa Pola for my 1st jab tonight, with 2nd jab on
30th, 3 weeks exactly to the minute.
Quick question, anyone know where to go in Santa Pola ?
I think she said 2nd floor, Avenida Canalejas,1@ 7pm.
Is parking easy, as there doesn't appear to be a car park?