Author Topic: Foreign Holidays Illegal  (Read 14612 times)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2021, 17:14. »
Spain have extended the ban on Brits (unless you have a legitimate reason to enter the country under their rules) until the 25 April.

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

A few more Brits who don't understand the difference between the rules to leave the UK and the rules to enter Spain.

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Industry+Sectors/Airlines/Ryanair

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2021, 08:08. »
I see that Ryanair are also gripping about EU approved financial support for Air France/KLM. So much for "level playing field". Imagine if Boris had bankrolled BA. Ms Van der Lying would be jumping up and down.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2021, 08:54. »
I think the difference is that Air France/KLM are 28% jointly owned by the French and Dutch governments so will never be allowed to fail as they are the respective national carriers. Ryanair by contrast is owned by Eires equivalent of Derek Trotter, And Queen Ursula probably finds our Micheal quite tiresome and irritating like the rest of us.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:56. by wilson »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2021, 14:46. »
Don’t think Ryanair need a baleout from us most of its pilots have been layed off and are out delivering for DPD certainly the Stansted ones are doing that round our way. One told me they were furloughed until the firm had to put some cash into it then they were layed off I suspect most of it staff are In Same position

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2021, 18:29. »
Don’t think Ryanair need a baleout from us most of its pilots have been layed off and are out delivering for DPD certainly the Stansted ones are doing that round our way. One told me they were furloughed until the firm had to put some cash into it then they were layed off I suspect most of it staff are In Same position

Don’t think it’s just Ryanair doing this, all airlines are laying off aircrew, ground staff etc . Unless travel starts soon even more will.
Lots of uk accommodation owners are seeing thus delay in foreign travel as a chance to fleece the pubkyby doubling or trembling prices for some fairly average properties

Offline martin

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2021, 22:43. »
‘Eire’s equivalent 0f Derek Trotter’. Can’t be Michael O’Leary as he owns less than 4% of the shareholding. How we would all love to see the 200 airborne Ryanair planes that carried 150 million passengers in year to March 2020. Over 2000 flights a day... a sad sight viewing Flight Radar these days.

Offline NickiH

• Supreme Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2021, 09:48. »
So looks like having had the vaccines won’t make any difference to traveling to Spain as we will now have to have several PCR tests to get there and on return. Hope they drop the price a bit to make it more affordable but at least we have the choice of being able to travel after May 17th. Will definitely pay the price for the tests to get to GA but may have to only do one trip this year if this continues.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2021, 18:28. »
‘Eire’s equivalent 0f Derek Trotter’. Can’t be Michael O’Leary as he owns less than 4% of the shareholding. How we would all love to see the 200 airborne Ryanair planes that carried 150 million passengers in year to March 2020. Over 2000 flights a day... a sad sight viewing Flight Radar these days.
Don’t see your point, he owns a share of a multi billion airline, he is the CEO and the public face and he is a scoundrel. In fact I was probably doing Del Boy a disservice as even he new right from wrong and had some morals.

Offline martin

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2021, 21:56. »
Point is he doesn’t own it. He owns a small part of it. Second point is carried 150 million passengers - must be doing something right.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2021, 22:09. »
Don’t see your point, he owns a share of a multi billion airline, he is the CEO and the public face and he is a scoundrel. In fact I was probably doing Del Boy a disservice as even he new right from wrong and had some morals.

But he gets bums on seats and makes a decent profit. All are free to pay more for other airlines. Makes me smile when I hear the lefties complain about how little he pays his staff yet they are the first up the steps to broad his flights. I assume you travel on other airlines then Wilson. Nothing like voiting with your feet (as long as it does not cost extra money).

Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2021, 08:37. »
I love Ryanair. Heaven help us if they ever pull out of BHX - ALC and we have to pay Jet2 prices.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2021, 10:21. »
Yes, say what you like about Ryanair, they are cheap, we use them all the time, used to use easyJet by they got too expensive and they were always late.

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2021, 10:50. »
As Paul who used to run DTs used to say, 'It's a bus, you hop on one end and two and a half hours later you hop off the other.' It's not as if the difference is £5 a flight, usually when I look it's £30-40 difference per flight.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2021, 13:31. »
I usually drive to Spain but when I don't: -
Another vote for RYR.
Read the T&C's.
Pack a sandwich and off you go.
I don't need to know who runs it, pays for it or where the money goes, as long as routes from Manchester keep going.

When do the renamed Max8's start flying?

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2021, 14:35. »
Have used Ryan Air a few times but personally prefer easyJet as times are normally better, flew Italy to Spain with Ryan and it was a bit cringing when passengers starting clapping encouraged by crew as the plane was on time landing !!