Author Topic: The State of GA  (Read 6781 times)

Offline denandrose

The State of GA
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 20:16. »
We recently walked from near the market down to the health centre, along Avd. Escandinavia, it was disgusting on the pavement nearest the sea! Dog mess everywhere, what looked like vomit, and the area in front of the bins near Gran Vista was totally filthy, definitely needs a good clean up. It is not much better near the bins across from Dunbars, rubbish left outside bins, 2 mattresses left there have been thrown into the ravine along with other bits of furniture and rubbish. It seems people are too lazy to place their rubbish inside the bins.
At least you could pop into the office to speak to the previous councillor,  or ask Berry to mention things in his monthly meetings, where is the new councillor for Gran Alacant, do they ever visit and walk around the area like the previous councillor did .

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
The State of GA
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 09:14. »
We were going to venture to the market this morning!!
Better phone the GP at home to check our inoculations are up to date before we venture up there!!
Oh the joys of being down the hill

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Maricia

The State of GA
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 09:30. »
Every Tuesday morning (quite early) the council would collect furniture etc from the side of the bins - as a resident this appears to be infrequent nowadays.  I am not interested in the politics as I believe in live and let live and all I know is that the area is not as clean and this is noted through resident complaints in Santa Pola.  In relation to how busy GA was in August, I beg to differ as the area was noticeably quieter, in particular, in the bars and restaurants.
BW
Maricia

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
The State of GA
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 16:52. »
Is this not a symptom of the times?  We blame Urbaser, the council, the time of year, Anything but the individuals who cause the problem.
How many people object to the mess, but wouldn't dream of challenging anyone they saw creating it in the first instance.  I'm not saying we can "vigilante" the streets, but someone must see people doing it.

Offline Maricia

The State of GA
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 17:22. »
Is this not a symptom of the times?  We blame Urbaser, the council, the time of year, Anything but the individuals who cause the problem.
How many people object to the mess, but wouldn't dream of challenging anyone they saw creating it in the first instance.  I'm not saying we can "vigilante" the streets, but someone must see people doing it.

I have seen rubbish thrown from cars as they drive passed the bins - Im no Olympic sprinter :)

BW

Maricia

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
The State of GA
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 18:53. »
We returned unscathed from our expedition up the hill to the market, and shock horror, people were sat at the cafes enjoying their tostadas in the sunshine, with smiles on their faces, the pavements were also thronging with happy people. A cursory glance from the car windows, to me at least, showed the area looking as it always does.
I've just had a walk round Novamar communities, the pavements are still being swept three times a week, I witnessed them doing it yesterday in front of our house, the bins I use had no refuse spewing onto the road aside them.
I will sleep well tonight

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Peter D

The State of GA
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 19:06. »
Well done John,I can sleep tonight because we are out next week