Author Topic: Ryanair  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair
« on: October 12, 2021, 16:11. »
A new low for Mr O’Leary just when you think he has reached rock bottom he finds a whole new basement to wallow in.

Basically if you recovered money from Ryanair via chargeback in 2020 for a flight that did go but you didn’t because it was against foreign office advice , that amount is waiting for you in you Ryanair app. When you book a new flight it will let you and take your money , then when you try to check in you are required to repay the amount you had back from them before you can check in

This bloke is lower than a snakes belly

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Ryanair
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 22:30. »
Jeez - that really tough. I didn't see that coming thinking it was hot air when he said he was going to "go" for the chargeback people.

If it wasn't Ryanair I wouldn't believe it ......

Have you got a screengrab of what was actually (digitally) said when the previous refund was re-applied ?

Wonder what would happen if you booked the flight with another card and e.mail address?
BeachLife

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Ryanair
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 23:02. »
Wonder what would happen if you booked the flight with another card and e.mail address?

Almost certainly the system will be primed to look out for passport numbers.

Reading the press release, he is targeting those who did not go through the correct refund procedure and, in his view anyway, broke the terms of their contract by seeking a chargeback via the CC company. Interesting to see if that stacks up in law, no doubt somebody will  have a go at him.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 00:10. »
Jeez - that really tough. I didn't see that coming thinking it was hot air when he said he was going to "go" for the chargeback people.

If it wasn't Ryanair I wouldn't believe it ......

Have you got a screengrab of what was actually (digitally) said when the previous refund was re-applied ?

It’s all on here
https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Industry+Sectors/Airlines/Ryanair

Offline NickiH

Ryanair
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 09:18. »
A new low for Mr O’Leary just when you think he has reached rock bottom he finds a whole new basement to wallow in.

Basically if you recovered money from Ryanair via chargeback in 2020 for a flight that did go but you didn’t because it was against foreign office advice , that amount is waiting for you in you Ryanair app. When you book a new flight it will let you and take your money , then when you try to check in you are required to repay the amount you had back from them before you can check in

This bloke is lower than a snakes belly
Is this just for people who went to their credit card company to claim back rather than Ryanair themselves ? I have had two refunds from Ryanair direct but never asked the credit card company to charge back on my card. I can’t think he can carry out this threat if it’s the case of Ryanair refunding as they will be banning thousands of customers.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 09:22. »
It’s just credit card chargebacks Ryanair refunds are not affected

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 09:32. »
Well I'm with Ryanair. Their policy has always been clear - if the flight goes ahead it's up to you to get on it.
I had no end of flights moved and cancelled during covid and got every penny back when I applied I had to wait a few weeks but was always reimbursed, I also moved a lot of flights using their 'free move' policy.
Hopefully the extra money from the 'chargeback' people will keep the costs low for the rest of us.
(Lights fuse and retires)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 09:34. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Ryanair
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 08:38. »
One wonders whether those choosing chargeback did so following frustration with the refund procedures and policies. It reinforces the view I had that I never used Ryanair during my commutes to my apartment. I may have paid a bit more to Easyjet over the years but at least it was hassle free.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Ryanair
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 11:33. »
Some of you will be surprised to know the Wilsons did chargebacks via the card issuer, in all cases Ryanair delayed and frustrated the process, Ryanair are given 28 days to refute the chargeback lawfully which they in all cases failed to do under goods and services not provided which breached the terms and conditions of the flight purchase. In 2020 we had 12 flights booked mostly with RA they from the outset ducked and dived, they didn’t answer the phones, emails and the refund system just looped round and round taking you back to the start offering vouchers. With every chargeback I emailed after numerous failed attempts stating that I would initiate chargeback if they failed to respond, guess what tumbleweed so if the little fella is all upset tough. That said as the year went by flights did get either refunded or moved foc. We have since flown 4 times with no issues. They just need to realise as Europe’s largest airline that EU rules apply to them as well not just the customers.