Author Topic: Registration of van  (Read 952 times)

Offline Russell

Registration of van
« on: May 01, 2017, 20:31. »
Hi Everyone
Wondered if anyone could advise me on registering my van. I'm in the process of leaving the rainy old UK and relocating to Gran Alicant after recently purchasing a home there.
I'm confused with what I read on the websites as they say it's unlikely you can transfer a U.K van or commercial vehicle on to Spanish plates and register it in Spain. The van I have is only a year old and not sign written and used for more personal use of transferring our Vespas around. Not sure what the difference is between registering a car on to Spanish plates or a Van.
Any feedback would be great.
Russell T .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Registration of van
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 21:15. »
If it's a box van, that is no side windows in the rear and right hand drive, you won't be able to register in Spain from my understanding, the lack of " visibility" is deemed a danger
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Registration of van
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:55. »
Hi Russel.

Friend of ours tried the same about 4 years ago and could not get it registered as per Johns reply.

Different set of rules for commercial vehicle than for "normal" passenger cars.

I believe you can use it over here for 6 months (on UK Plates) in any 12 month period but then it must go back to the UK
BeachLife

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Registration of van
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:12. »
Yep unfortunately the same as everyone else on here has said. I wanted to bring my Mercedes sprinter van with us as it had a wheelchair lift in the back but was told you cannot register right hand drive commercials in Spain. We have just bought another smaller type van from a dealer and the bloke who sold it too us said exactly the same .

Graham

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Registration of van
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 21:51. »
You can see why it would be so dangerous, a Right hand drive van with half the vision going around a roundabout!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 22:08. by llamedos »

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Registration of van
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 21:34. »
A lot of spanish drivers in left hand drive cars with all round windows seem to struggle with observation on roundabouts maybe driving a right hand drive windowless van would slow them down. Methinks not.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Russell

Registration of van
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 22:07. »
Hi John

Thanks for the info.
Kind Regards
Russell T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk