Author Topic: Bus around the urbanisation  (Read 1593 times)

Offline SueB

Bus around the urbanisation
« on: October 14, 2016, 18:48. »
Does anyone know the timetable for the bus that goes around the urbanisation?  In the GA Advertiser it states 14·00 - 20·00 Monday to Friday but reduced service at this time of year. I have been trying to monitor the times as it goes pass our apartment on Altomar 2 but there is no regular pattern. We want to go down to Playa Maya for an early evening meal and weather permitting we will walk down there but we definitely do not want to walk back. I have been on the Baile website but it just states that it is operating at 14·00 - 20·00. We normally get the train but it is not running in the afternoon from next week onwards. Also does anyone know where you catch it at the Commercial Centre?

Sue
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 18:51. by SueB »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 19:26. »
As for the time table, no idea, if you ask the driver they normally have copies of the latest one
At the Commercial Centre it parks on the main road at the side of Mercadona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline jdr

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 23:08. »
Hi
I am surprised that no one has yet been on this site about this great service the positives are that it is safe, clean, airconditioned, does not go to light house area, where there are no bus stops, but does go to roundabout the first at Les Arenals for those who want to get off and indeed return from beach.
The negative side, is like Sue says is that the timetable is very difficult to work out, but like the lady we observe it passing, living on Don Pueblo we work out the frequency of pick ups while having a drink on our balcony knowing it will 20 mins till it passes by, in the summer it was not every 30 mins but between 25 & 30 mins, but now it is about every twenty mins but please don,t ask me where these times are on clock!!!.
However both the lady and gentleman driver will inform you what time they are scheduled to leave GA centre at stop under American Rock Bar, the last leaving is ALWAYS 20 00 up the hilland back which suits me and my wife, we were told that it was stopping running in afternoons after 15th Sept but it is still running and we hope it continues all the way through the winter months
great addition to services in GA
Jim

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 09:39. »
Jim you must have missed the bus related posts over the summer from myself and others promoting the excellent local bus service and the further service to Santa Pola, Alicante and the airport. The times are always approximate simply because sometimes the bus stops at every stop to drop off or pick up thus extending the route time. The start time though is normally spot on. The drivers are very helpful and will advise and give you the latest timetable, sadly the timetable is the weak link in an otherwise super system, its overly complex and lacks clarity with most people including myself left scratching ones head until you work out the season the week the day of the week and whether its a festival or not.always buy the multi ticket which costs just 1.20 to santa pola or the airport which in my mind cant be bad value.
They dont like it up em !

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 14:30. »
Have they stopped the morning service for winter?

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 07:56. »
The trouble with the service to the airport is that there are only about four buses a day, none of which travel to the airport after mid afternoon.

Offline Keith and Jen

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 10:38. »
I got the bus this morning.  It's new (well new since we were here last winter), smaller and more zippy.  The timetable still looks like a test for MI6 candidates.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.