Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 3235 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxes
« on: February 03, 2015, 14:07. »
I've just received an email from my solicitors to pay my income taxes.  They are 62.62 euros and the solicitors fees are 145.20 !!!!  bit steep I thought.  I'll go with it this year but does anyone know anyone cheaper for me to use next year???  If you are going to say Rosa helps I have heard good things of her but I recently asked her re getting a Spanish Will and she hasnt got back to me:(  - Thanks
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Taxes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 14:44. »
Seems very high!  Would try Isobel and Sylvie at FAB in Masa Square..........

Offline petercs

Taxes
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 14:58. »
Andrea Burns is also cheaper than your sol.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxes
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 15:41. »
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Taxes
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 16:17. »
The lovely Rosa on 646141903 and rosa@rosahelps.com has always been my girl for this, never fails :)

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Taxes
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 18:44. »
Hello puddy-woo,
If you book an appointment with the notary in Santa pola opposite the square, you can get your spanish will done there. Aproximate cost €80-€90. Just explain that you want an open will and then it will cover everything that you own.
Regards
Dave

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxes
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 19:31. »
Thanks Gaveteran. She hasn't replied to me yet-its been over a week!!!! Perhaps i'll re-send - and thanks Dave, very helpful.

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Taxes
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 20:13. »
Hey Puddy. I have to see her for a hospital trip for my wife the day after tomorrow, so if you want to PM your number I'll happily get her to call you back. I like putting work her way, she's a lovely girl with a young family. Or else call her direct on 646141903 she always gets the phone,...at least in my experience :)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxes
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 22:42. »
Thanks.  I'll give her a ring tomorrow

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline jenkin

Taxes
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 22:59. »
Agree that Rosa is a lovely helpful lady.  She has helped us with many a problem, together with her sister, Isobel.  If we have a "surprise" from the Town Hall in our postbox on our visits, she can always reassure and/or sort it for us.  She now does my annual taxes, obtains any licences we require (new parking licence, for instance) and negotiated our Certificate of Habitat, which was 8 years in arrears.  One can be assured of a reliable and personal lawyer service.  Jen
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:06. by Admin »

Offline jenkin

Taxes
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 23:05. »
Apologies to all. I have just realised I have posted on the wrong discussion.  Obviously I meant to add my comments to the Taxes Topic!  Blame the alcohol with supper! Rosa is a brilliant lawyer but even she  cannot influence cold weather in GA. Jen

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Taxes
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 09:38. »
Morning puddy-woo, if you are ditching your solicitors it might worth going there to collect your file.
I've used the same ones for everything for 12 years, like yours they charge above the "going rate" for doing a tax return, but their fee, in our case anyway, includes consultations with them.
A fourtnight ago we spent an hour in their office discussing CGT, she could easily calculate our liability as she had everything to hand, there was no charge for the consultation......included in the years fee.
Several documents of which I thought I had the original were being held by her, it transpires that I have colour photocopies!!
She did offer to give me all the originals
One thing she had was copies of the passports we had when we bought the house, mentioned on the deeds as our ID, these were signed and stamped by the notary........gave me a sigh of relief as I recently discovered you need a copy of the passports shown on the deeds when you come to sell

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:44. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Taxes
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 09:51. »
Thats interesting John. Did not know that about the passports and we have only recently renewed ours.   We use Novalegal btw.  Are you using the same?

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Taxes
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 10:09. »
Hola puddy-woo,

I have moved your other post to this topic for you.

Regards.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Taxes
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 10:44. »
Hi puddy-woo, we use a firm in Torrevieja

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."