Author Topic: Staysure Insurance  (Read 2155 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Staysure Insurance
« on: January 30, 2015, 09:01. »
I've heard nothing but good reports about this company from people who have needed to claim on their policies, whether it be travel or home insurance
I renewed our travel insurance with them a couple of weeks ago and the advisor asked if I wanted a quote to insure the house in Spain, I accepted her offer.
As with the travel insurance the level of cover and details in the "fine print" covered our needs
The contents and property cover were c.£100 cheaper than we are paying Liberty Seguras
I got a quote on line yesterday from Saga for the house here in Spain......again they were c£100 cheaper than Liberty Seguras
It's looking very likely that Liberty will be loosing my business at renewal time

Regards all

John 
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Staysure Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:05. »
Just to add, last time I checked prices "on line" to insure the house in Spain they were more expensive than Liberty Seguras........looks like their actuaries have dusted off their calculators and reassessed the risk

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Staysure Insurance
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:12. »
Funnily enough i just got a quote from Liberty Seguras at 173 euros, which was surprisingly more expensive than sabadell.  I shall now try Staysure. Thanks for info.  John. I'll have to hurry as apparently sabadell need 3 months notice to cancel, what a joke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline jenkin

Staysure Insurance
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:45. »
Thanks for the info re Staysure.  Will look into our travel insurance when it is due.  Regarding the building insurance we have always used Linda Rowland in Santa Pola, who is a broker and should be able to achieve the best deals, but we will also check Staysure when the policy expires.  I will say about Linda and Steve Rowland they were brilliant when we had a problem and a hefty claim.  We are based in UK, having a holiday home, therefore someone operating from Spain was a bonus in our experience.  Would the same level of help be forthcoming from a UK based company or do they have agents in Spain?  It is a question that would have to be asked before changing to another insurance company. Jen

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Staysure Insurance
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:58. »
My friend had a burglary, he'd just had solar panels and all the kit installed in an out building. The burglars stole the solar panels and broke into the outbuilding and took all the control panels.......expensive kit.
Staysure paid for his flight out to Spain, an assessor turned up exactly when they said he would to check the damage........the work to replace all the kit was authorised there and then, the job was done within a week.
I don't think you could get much better service than that

Regards all

John

PS I will add that I've emailed Linda asking if she can find me a suitable policy closer to the Staysure price
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:00. by John Hannon »

Offline jenkin

Staysure Insurance
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 13:13. »
Thank you for your reply, John.  It is reassuring to know how Staysure treated customers' claims and would agree that it would seem to be a good service.  I will certainly contact them next time our policy is due. Jen

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Staysure Insurance
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 16:16. »
Happy ending!!

Linda and Lorri have done their magic and obtained a great quote for me so I am staying put.

Regards all

John

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Staysure Insurance
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 18:20. »
Thats interesting John as it was Lorri who gave me my quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Staysure Insurance
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 19:35. »
Still interesting that Lori recently did my quote and got me the bestest ever or so i thought, but looking at Staysure maybe the bestest ever could do with tweaking down on renewal.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Staysure Insurance
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 21:19. »
My renewal premium with Liberty would have been €290.76
After a few tweeks my premium will now be €177.27, still with Liberty
Hell of a saving, glad I asked!!

Regards all

John

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Staysure Insurance
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 22:09. »
That seems more than a tweek, seems to me that lack of competition may have resulted in inflated premiums.
They dont like it up em !