Author Topic: GAsbags  (Read 13434 times)

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
GAsbags
« on: January 12, 2015, 20:47. »
Hello all, first off well done on the new forum. The plaza was a great help and i hope this will be too.
I was however just thinking of the name "GAsbags" I personally found the Gran Alacant Plaza when researching Gran Alacant on google. (The plaza is 3rd when entering Gran Alacant)
So my question is will the name GAsbags relate (in time) to gran alacant when searching on google so new members can find out about the forum?
Or will it remain just the people from the plaza?
Phillip

Offline Admin

• Administrator
GAsbags
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 11:09. »
Good question Phillip and very relevant to any new website starting up. As far as SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is concerned I have all the meta tags and keywords in place to help with Google crawlers and the like. The GA Plaza of course has been around for a very long time and it will take time for GAsbags to to be fully recognised and improve in the rankings. Your posting has prompted me to incorporate the words ´Gran Alacant´ into the site name, this will also help with the search engines - thanks for that. To answer your final question - any search for Gran Alacant will not remain with the old Plaza but should find ¨GAsbags¨ in time but how long that will take I cannot say at this point in time. I have other SEO plans which I will be implementing as soon as I can.

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
GAsbags
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 23:08. »
Hello again, well done again on the growing forum.
Can i just add some (more) comments....
I really don't know the first thing about setting up a forum, and the plaza is the only  forum I have  ever used.

I was just about to reply to a thread and a new page appeared,  but you cant see the original thread. so replying (for me )  is harder as I cant see what the last person has said (yes im probably  a bit thick)

Also.....(sorry)..... I liked on the forum when you hover over a thread you get the first line of it, so you know what its about.

Can these be features you can incorporate on this forum?
Phillip

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
GAsbags
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 13:24. »
Particularly like the top & bottom features which save time & are ALWAYS of interest i..e. The weather & the exchange rate in currency.
Seeing the positive outcome from the "spat" with the posting which those who still visit the Plaza will be aware of.  The message is clear - Let's stick to the main purpose, which is to improve/enhance/simplify everyone's life in GA.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
GAsbags
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 16:41. »
Hola Phillip,
When you click on the ¨Reply¨ button the ¨Post Reply¨ box should pop up and underneath this there should be a ¨Topic Summary¨box listing the posts to which you are replying. If you are not seeing the ¨Topic Summary¨box you probably just need to scroll down the page until it comes into view. As for your ¨Hover¨ suggestion, I am looking for a modification to try and implement exactly what you are asking about. We are running the very latest ¨stable¨ version of this software and Mods always take a little time to catch up and become compatable. It won´t be forgotten, it´s on my ¨To Do¨ list and will be implementad as soon as it becomes availalble.

Offline Philndeb

GAsbags
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 16:10. »
I love the fact that it is linked into Tapatalk which makes roaming between forums easier, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
GAsbags
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 16:44. »
Thanks for being on tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II