Author Topic: Places to visit  (Read 2982 times)

Offline will_scott02

Places to visit
« on: August 10, 2015, 17:20. »
 :)does anyone know any good places to go in the gran Alicant area  :) :o :o :o 8)

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Places to visit
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 17:54. »
Hi,

Depends on what you want to be good. Give us a bit more detail e.g are you looking for Spanish villages, nice restaurants, lively bars, local markets, historical sites, etc etc. If you tell us what you are looking for you will get lots of recommendations, no doubt of it.

Michael.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline will_scott02

Places to visit
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:32. »
I am looking for good bars and historical buildings and

Offline will_scott02

Places to visit
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:33. »
Stuff like that

Offline will_scott02

Places to visit
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 21:37. »
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 00:19. by will_scott02 »

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Places to visit
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 23:13. »
We are off to Cuenca with Daves Coaches next week. Its all according how far u want to go and for how long??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Places to visit
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 10:56. »
Can't help much with bars, we have a few local favourites but most are far too noisy with loud music or have TV's blaring etc and that's not for me. A Tu Gusto or San Francisco suits me just fine.

The most obvious historical site is the Castillo de Santa Barbara in Alicante but most people don't realise that there is another in the city, Castillo de San Fernando, which is also worth going up to. I would also travel out to Biar which has a castle worth seeing, El Campello has some Roman ruins worth a look and Santa Pola has a castle in the centre which houses a couple of museums which I found very interesting.

The best thing to do is get in the car and just go for a drive, virtually every village or town has something of interest and a great day can be had up in the mountains just looking around.

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline MikeH

Places to visit
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 13:38. »
Mentioned this before:

Everyone that has come to us is impressed with Novelda, see http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g1064242-Novelda_Alicante_Province_Valencian_Country-Vacations.html , you've got the town with a good park and on the outskirts the Santuario Santa Magdalena. It's a replica (church size not cathedral) of the one in Barcelona, is high up so great views and has a triangular castle next door. Very popular place, huge carpark and picnic spots.
Wouldn't visit in August though, probably very hot.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Places to visit
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 17:49. »
Another few ideas:
http://www.spain-holiday.com/Torrevieja/articles/the-five-best-day-trips-from-torrevieja

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Places to visit
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 09:13. »
Will_scott02, you can also download Daves coaches app.It gives you all the places that they go to & you can book your tickets through the app as well.
Dave