Author Topic: Closed?  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Taff72

Closed?
« on: July 24, 2015, 13:26. »
Can anyone confirm that the Shamu Cafe (upstairs G.A. Centre) is still open / in buisness, my son tells me it's shut today???
Cheers

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Closed?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 13:31. »
I was over last week & it was closed,I asked about & they told me it was closed down.
Dave

Offline MICKKAT

Closed?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 13:36. »
Yep they gone Mother-in-law's favourite!

Offline Lesue

Closed?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 16:08. »
Shamu has been closed for a long time. It was temporarily taken over and used by the Indian Restaurant next door but is now empty again.

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
Closed?
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 16:48. »
I think what killed it was when the bar next door extended their terrace and
had awful music blaring out, it put me right of always used to use till then
 Mushte

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Closed?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 17:17. »
My take was that it used to run like a dream with the lovely Daniella and Christine "in charge". It was then taken over by a guy who was frankly awful. The most unnatural bar owner I have ever seen. He replaced the cosy lighting with white fluorescents, cranked up the football and talked the clientèle to death. He also had a personal hygiene problem. Seriously.

The regulars deserted in droves. Mostly to Bar Loco in the opposite corner. A nicely run place.

The Indians simply left it too long to reopen. They nearly pulled it off when they found a simply excellent Cuban barman who made perhaps the finest Gina and Tonic I have ever had...with all the showmanship. But when he left, the brief comeback ended with a bang and they shut weeks later. A shame. A great little bar in its day.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Closed?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 11:47. »
its currently for sale/rent agree gavetran whilst its not easy running any business in ga the difference between boom and bust can be the smallest factors.The old shamu was well run friendly wine bar type venue very relaxed with a regular all year customer base.This was replaced with a large tv showing football with no friendly service.i remember saying to the wife when it was sold it wouldnt last 12 months.
They dont like it up em !

Offline gunner

Closed?
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 14:42. »
The trouble now with GA is there are now far too many bars and restaurants for the very small summer may be 3 months if your lucky. Then you have 9momths of your regular customers.

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
Closed?
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 15:03. »
Yes must be so hard to earn out of season. Just had a look at the Brothers bar 45,000e for the lease then 800e a month rent, plus IVA/staff wages/bills ect. Got to be 2k+ month outly before you have earned a cent!

http://spain.businessforsale.com/buy/great-opportunity-new-bar-lease-in-gran-alacant-for-sale
Phillip