Author Topic: Heating  (Read 929 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Heating
« on: December 06, 2022, 17:45. »
Not been out since it got cold . How are people heating their homes this year ? , I have a calor gas heater that has all the usual condensation issues etc but seems over recent years to be more effective and better than the aircon. I assume like here in UK people are using it sparingly due to cost of gas and electricity.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Heating
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 22:49. »
Call me flash, but I haven't noticed any of these "crippling" raises in gas and electricity prices. I am pretty sure my electric bill is the same as always. Then again, I don't notice half the problems my ex-homeland seems to endure.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Heating
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 19:56. »
If your on Iberdrolas variable tariff then the unit cost is double what it was a year ago, then again if you don’t use it then double nothing is still nothing. That said we’ve been out several weeks and temperatures are quite good still, inside the house it’s still 18  degrees so no heating required yet.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Heating
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 06:50. »
Can you still use a open fire and what is the best fuel to burn.
I was once told that olive wood is good and gives off a nice smell. ????

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Heating
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 11:25. »
Going out 9th January, hoping it will be warmer than last January when it was 3°C some nights and even hist 0° one night was -6° here in Suffolk last night