Author Topic: New restrictions  (Read 1106 times)

Offline NickiH

New restrictions
« on: July 20, 2022, 15:05. »
Can someone please clarify these extra forms people are required to take to Spain now. Keep seeing this on Facebook that you now need proof of where you are staying. Proof of bank account to see if you have enough money for your stay. Proof of residence and return flight booked so you don’t overstay your welcome.
Also is it true that unvaccinated need to complete an SPTH form. It doesn’t affect myself but may affect someone thinking of staying in our apartment. Thank you 

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 21:32. »
No-one is being asked for any of this! 

But unvaccinated do need to complete the SPTH and provide a negative PCR (72 hours) or antigen (24 hours)

Offline NickiH

New restrictions
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 08:59. »
Ah thank you thought it was a bit weird trying to make things more difficult for people entering the country.
Thanks re the SPTH. Surprised they re introduced that for unvaccinated but fair enough. I am fully vaccinated so none of this affects me thankfully but did think Spain was completely dropping covid Certs and tests etc this summer. Surely they aren’t going to carry on with this next year as well.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 09:30. »
We came through ALC late on Saturday and the health screeners were out in force fully manned and checking people’s status.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 11:02. »
I have still never heard what happens if they "catch someone". Let's say they check someone who was vaccinated two years ago, but never boosted, so they are not compliant. What happens then? Anyone heard?

Offline NickiH

New restrictions
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 11:40. »
I have heard they do a PCR test at the airport for them. Then they have to wait for the result an hour or so. Not sure what happens if they are positive though.

Offline Burtonski

New restrictions
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 12:22. »
Go to Gov.co.uk spain entry requirements. Scroll past the vacination and covid info and there is Additional Documents required by tourists:

At Spanish border control, you may need to:
show a return or onward ticket
show you have enough money for your stay
show proof of accommodation for your stay, for example, a hotel booking confirmation, proof of address if visiting your own property (e.g. second home), or an invitation from your host or proof of their address if staying with a third party, friends or family. The Spanish government has clarified that the “carta de invitation” is one of the options available to prove that you have accommodation if staying with friends or family. More information is available from the Spanish Ministry of Interior.

Hope that helps.

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 15:05. »
Go to Gov.co.uk spain entry requirements. Scroll past the vacination and covid info and there is Additional Documents required by tourists:

At Spanish border control, you may need to:
show a return or onward ticket
show you have enough money for your stay
show proof of accommodation for your stay, for example, a hotel booking confirmation, proof of address if visiting your own property (e.g. second home), or an invitation from your host or proof of their address if staying with a third party, friends or family. The Spanish government has clarified that the “carta de invitation” is one of the options available to prove that you have accommodation if staying with friends or family. More information is available from the Spanish Ministry of Interior.

Hope that helps.

Yes, but despite that, no-one is being asked for this information - don't think they would be able to cope with the additional time it requires to process this information!

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2022, 15:58. »
When I first read the reports in the newspapers I felt it was just the recycling of old news. As AHV says I can't imagine the spanish border control having the time or the patience to ask everyone for it.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2022, 16:16. »
As an added complication what on on earth happens if you "fail the check" and are a resident like me? It's very hard to believe there's much they CAN do? They can't put you back on a plane to a country you don't live in?!

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2022, 17:15. »
I have still never heard what happens if they "catch someone". Let's say they check someone who was vaccinated two years ago, but never boosted, so they are not compliant. What happens then? Anyone heard?

Happened to someone I know at Malaga airport , they were not boosted they had to pay €76 for a PCR test and wait for result , they were negative but were told if it was positive they would have been denied access and out on next plane back at their own expense . Not sure how that would work because I assume the airline knowing they are positive will reject them .

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2022, 17:17. »
As an added complication what on on earth happens if you "fail the check" and are a resident like me? It's very hard to believe there's much they CAN do? They can't put you back on a plane to a country you don't live in?!

I think as a resident you just show residentia and go through. Not sure how that slows down the spread but who knows

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2022, 17:24. »
As a resident you simply show your TIE card along with your passport.  (Sometimes they don't even ask for your passport when you show your TIE !)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2022, 08:58. »
In view of all the problems at Dover with the French I think we should be grateful for the wonderful 'I'll stamp anything that's put in front of me' attitude of the Spanish passport booths.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2022, 11:11. »
As a resident you simply show your TIE card along with your passport.  (Sometimes they don't even ask for your passport when you show your TIE !)

Just checking our wires are not crossed here. I am specifically talking about the random Covid paperwork checks that are being carried out downstairs after passport control. Are you saying you are sure theat can be bypassed by showing a TEA?