Author Topic: Queen's Jubilee  (Read 1034 times)

Offline diggybabe

Queen's Jubilee
« on: May 22, 2022, 16:38. »
We will be in GA for the Jubilee. Are there any celebrations in GA

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Queen's Jubilee
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 09:29. »
Dunbars are having a large celebration on Saturday, All day, the pub in masa sq and I would have thought the London tavern would be having something in the GA centre upstairs.

Offline Pewster

Queen's Jubilee
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 15:47. »
Most places are doing something, but most places are also charging.
One of the Girls group is organising a daytime street party from noon at the pub at masa square, hosted by a few of the girls and Big Kev, the normal bunting, music, including the local rock choir, karaoke, numerous games, tombola etc with everything going to charity.
A lot of people wearing red, white and blue, so don’t be surprised to see the odd ginger spice amongst the girls.
It’s take your own picnic if you wish, or grab food from the Chippy or the other local eateries, the only stipulation from the pub is that people buy their drinks from there as they’re providing all the tables etc.
There’s then a act Deja Nielson on the night from 8pm until late, again free !
Likely to be busy as no table reservations so get there early if you want seats.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 15:53. by Pewster »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Queen's Jubilee
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 16:04. »
Not quite sure who the places are that are “charging” for what is in effect a normal day in GA with bunting and balloons to celebrate the platinum Jubilee. Maybe you could provide some clarity?

Offline Pewster

Queen's Jubilee
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 11:30. »
Not quite sure who the places are that are “charging” for what is in effect a normal day in GA with bunting and balloons to celebrate the platinum Jubilee. Maybe you could provide some clarity?

A simple Facebook search will lead you to who is doing what, I don’t particularly need to start naming individual establishments. Maybe I should have wrote ‘a number of places are doing special events and most appear to be charging to reserve a place’
The extent of what you get for your reservation will vary establishment to establishment.
I’m sure for many businesses, it’ll just be a normal day and menu with a bit of bunting thrown up.
But apart from at masa, I’m unaware of anywhere else saying bring your own picnic, join in the fun if you want and create a street party, and any monies generated by those organising it from tombolas etc all heading to charities.
I hope that clarifies things for you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 11:32. by Pewster »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Queen's Jubilee
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 20:24. »
Thankyou that’s all very clear and clarified.