Author Topic: New Rules whe arriving from Amber list countries  (Read 5560 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
New Rules whe arriving from Amber list countries
« on: July 08, 2021, 12:45. »
From 19th July you will no longer need to quarantine on arrival from Spain - If double vaccinated

You will still need a negative PCR test before coming home and a day 2 test when you are back. But best of all no quarantine.

Progress at last
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:47. by BeachLife »
BeachLife

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 14:23. »
Apparently it only applies to people who have been vaccinated in the uk and does not include people who are vaccinated abroad.

Graham
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 14:26. by sunseekers »

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 14:59. »
That's great news because it wasn't the tests before or after which were the pain it was the 10 day's quarantine.

Offline peterjhaines

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 19:52. »
From 19th July you will no longer need to quarantine on arrival from Spain - If double vaccinated

You will still need a negative PCR test before coming home and a day 2 test when you are back. But best of all no quarantine.

Progress at last

Doesn't it just say negative test before flight home? doesn't state PCR. You can buy fit to fly lat flow tests to take with you and email photo of results to the company upon use. Then the supply you (if negative) with a certificate to show at the airport 🤷‍♂️

Offline peterjhaines

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 20:35. »
I'm bringing out these for flight back to UK

£29 each seemed super reasonable, and trusted reviews etc seem legitimate

https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel

Not sure if I can post links?

Company Is called C19testing rapid travel option

Offline Pewster

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 22:57. »
Apparently it only applies to people who have been vaccinated in the uk and does not include people who are vaccinated abroad.

Graham

Correct.

Obviously Boris and his blunderers feel the U.K. nhs vaccine is special. The EU obviously secured their vaccines and certification from a market stall.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 10:39. »
It applies to UK residents only......if you are British, but have Spanish residency, you will be treated as a third country entry....

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 12:16. »

Graham

Correct.

Obviously Boris and his blunderers feel the U.K. nhs vaccine is special. The EU obviously secured their vaccines and certification from a market stall.

I don’t think anyone was suggesting that, the nhs are just administering the jabs the vaccine belongs to multi national pharmaceuticals. One thing the nhs are providing is a very detailed vaccine certificate that I think is available in several languages, speaking with EU friends whilst there has been much talk no one has anything similar so far, probably because very few countries have a national health system but a private mix which in these times must be problematic. That said I’ve seen much knock off items at SP market and the Gabe over the years so Tizer jabs might be on the way.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 14:45. »
'Tizer jabs'  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Pewster

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 11:01. »

Graham

Correct.

I don’t think anyone was suggesting that, the nhs are just administering the jabs the vaccine belongs to multi national pharmaceuticals. One thing the nhs are providing is a very detailed vaccine certificate that I think is available in several languages, speaking with EU friends whilst there has been much talk no one has anything similar so far, probably because very few countries have a national health system but a private mix which in these times must be problematic. That said I’ve seen much knock off items at SP market and the Gabe over the years so Tizer jabs might be on the way.

I can only assume you’re talking to the unlucky EU friends then.
Personally I, and all of those who’ve had both jabs locally, have been in possession of our EU digital covid certificates for some time.
People were struggling to download them off the mobile app, but they are easily accessed off a pc. The local Kwik save is now helping those without a pc access them.
I think you’ll find the reasoning behind making it NHS only is more ‘petty minded brexit thinking’ than anything to do with efficiency of the NHS certification over its EU counterpart.

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2021, 11:37. »
Could it not be that the UK Government cannot check the authenticity of vaccination certificates purchased in Benidorm market?

Derek
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 11:39. by Derek »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2021, 11:38. »
Could it not be that the UK Government cannot check the authenticity of vaccination certificates purchased in Benidorm market?

Derek

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2021, 12:46. »
I reckon that's right Derek.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2021, 13:16. »

Derek

It says it all about EU bureaucracy if you can print off an official document that states your vaccinated and no longer a danger to other people at the Kwik save in GA.

As for my friends all would say they are Catalonian or Spanish even my French  friends I don’t know one that would consider themselves an EU friend.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 13:21. by wilson »

Offline Angelo

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2021, 15:51. »
Hi coming to GA.on the 16th sorry to be a pain can someone that has just arrived to Alicante give me please steps by step  what to do ie.inoculation paper form etc etc..Step one I have already done (got the returns ticket) thank you in advance..