Author Topic: New requirement for entry into Spain  (Read 2648 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
New requirement for entry into Spain
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2021, 14:54. »
Thanks B&W stripes for the SPTH locator form advice, I had problems previously with inputting our home address, the form didn't understand that all Brits don't live in flats. Can't say that filling in the British form online before coming home was any easier though.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 16:40. »
Hi B&W - We am getting set for a Friday flight, I am going to take the "wilson" approach and have printed off the COVID record sheets that we downloaded from the NHS site as well as taking the Hardcopy letters we both got posted to use this morning.

I have also uploaded and linked the .pdf's to my Ryanair boarding passes - I didn't like the red bar that said covid documents not uploaded.

I have started the spth.gob.es  form  (as a family group instead of two individuals) for completion on Weds 48 hours before flying.

Switching between the two apps might be a nuisance (Spain travel locator and NHS app) for the two of us, so having the COVID stuff in hard copy and the travel locator on the phone might speed things up rather than toggling between apps on our phones.

Does putting your jab details on the locator form mean negate the need to show the NHS letter/app?

BeachLife

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2021, 18:17. »
'Does putting your jab details on the locator form mean negate the need to show the NHS letter/app?'

I've no idea - we'll see on Wednesday but I'm taking hard copies of everything as well.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2021, 09:56. »
'Does putting your jab details on the locator form mean negate the need to show the NHS letter/app?'

I've no idea - we'll see on Wednesday but I'm taking hard copies of everything as well.

There seems little link between the 2 forms only the information you input manually onto the locator form which in all fairness you could make up. Hopefully at some point the various border controls will have compatibility of information sharing thus removing the need for hard copies.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2021, 11:10. »
I've just booked PCR 2 and 8 day tests with this company
https://www.confirmtesting.com/products/home-quarantine-day-2-day-8
£114 each but you get 10% discount as a new customer it lets you book well ahead, one site mentioned on the forum only lets you book two weeks ahead.

Offline Blades

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2021, 19:52. »
Hi Kevinb

I fly out on Friday, coming back on the 27th.

Just wondering why you are keen to book your day 2 and day 8 jabs early. Want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

My approach was going to be to leave booking until it is clearer whether we may get away without isolating. A review of the traffic light standings is due soon, plus there is the speculation about double jabbed people being exempt. Is this approach ok, or is there a time scale within which it has to be done.

Also, I had an email from Staysure offering day 2 and 8 tests through Randox Health, with a code for 10% discount, making it £86. does anyone have any experience of this company?

Cheers

Phil

Offline NickiH

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2021, 20:01. »
Hi Kevinb

I fly out on Friday, coming back on the 27th.

Just wondering why you are keen to book your day 2 and day 8 jabs early. Want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

My approach was going to be to leave booking until it is clearer whether we may get away without isolating. A review of the traffic light standings is due soon, plus there is the speculation about double jabbed people being exempt. Is this approach ok, or is there a time scale within which it has to be done.

Also, I had an email from Staysure offering day 2 and 8 tests through Randox Health, with a code for 10% discount, making it £86. does anyone have any experience of this company?

Cheers

Staysure are a good company. Used them for travel insurance in the past. Better than the Mickey Mouse outfit of testing for all. We are at the end of day 11 and no results from day 8 testing as yet. We posted then Sunday morning 8.30am from a priority box and 4 days later pretty much still not got them back. They were slow on day 2 tests but that didn’t matter particularly. Fine if you have nothing better to do than sit an extra day in quarantine waiting but not very professional. Glad we won’t  have to use them again 🤞 well hopefully not

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2021, 20:37. »
I think that regardless of whether they stop quarantine you will still need tests, I've booked early as if the government drops quarantine there's going to be a mad amount of flights booked and a rush to buy tests, it may be in that case there won't be any tests available. We are going out end of this month.

• Galactic Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2021, 21:39. »
I flew out from BHX this afternoon.
Ryanair now state when you print off your boarding pass if you haven't got an 'EU approved document' ( I forget the actual wording) you have to get all your documents checked and stamped at the check-in desk. This caught a lot of people out and caused problems with boarding.
It's worth checking if this is still a requirement the next time you come out.
They didn't check for the covid certificates at Alicante just the locator form. Ryanair checked for both date of last vaccination and for the Spanish locator form prior to boarding.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2021, 12:06. »
Hi BW

What is the EU approved document is it the NHS letter or the NHS covid App ?

• Galactic Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2021, 14:58. »
Sorry I'm not sure as I can't retrieve the information but it was on a yellow band across the on-line boarding pass page but not on the printed passes, saying you had to get your documents verified
A lot of people hadn't gone through check-in but had just gone straight through security as normal and not had their documents stamped as ok. These were the people who were caught out. I've no idea if they were denied boarding or not. Luckily the bloke in the queue in front of me was having such a job to find the date of his vaccination on his pass that when I showed him where mine was the girl just waved me straight through without checking for stamps or anything.