Author Topic: New requirement for entry into Spain  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
New requirement for entry into Spain
« on: June 30, 2021, 08:46. »
Testing and vaccination requirements for arrivals from the UK
From 12am 2 July 2021, the Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) to present on entry one of the following:

a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours prior to arrival (e.g. PCR, TMA, LAMP, NEAR)
proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified), with a vaccine authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation
Documents can be in either English, Spanish, French or German and in paper or electronic format. All documents must specify the name and surname of the passenger. See Spain Travel Health page for specific details regarding the documentation you must present to accredit your COVID-19 test results and proof of vaccination.

If you live in England, Spain will accept the NHS app or your NHS letter to demonstrate your COVID-19 vaccination status. If you live in Scotland or Wales, Spain will accept your respective NHS letter to demonstrate your COVID-19 vaccination status. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 12:40. »
Malta is accepting double vaccinated people from the UK but will not accept the NHS app or a printed copy of it as proof of vaccination. They require the paper version of the NHS Covid vaccination letter.
This can be ordered online via the NHS website and does not have an expiry date.
Although Spain doesn't require this yet it may be worth having one in case Spain follows suit (and it's free).

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 18:05. »
Great tip B&W - the reason this forum is so useful, thank you.

BTW you need to do this 5 days in advance of needing it as its post office mailed to you at the address held by your GP on the NHS app
BeachLife

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 18:18. »
Great info. Have just looked at the link and it asks if you want it in English or the language of where you are travelling to -  i wasnt sure what to do?
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline NickiH

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 19:17. »
Malta is accepting double vaccinated people from the UK but will not accept the NHS app or a printed copy of it as proof of vaccination. They require the paper version of the NHS Covid vaccination letter.
This can be ordered online via the NHS website and does not have an expiry date.
Although Spain doesn't require this yet it may be worth having one in case Spain follows suit (and it's free).

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/
Think you can just go onto your NHS phone app and print it off yourself. We did that for Spain in case they needed it

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 21:26. »
No Nick, you will find it's a different document. Malta won't accept the NHS app even if you print it off. At the moment Spain does but it could change in the future which is why I've sent for mine.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 22:03. »
I have printed off the "app" version that looks pretty good. I'll see what comes through the post before we come over to GA  next week
BeachLife

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 22:52. »
I’ve got both in my hand as I type the download from the app and the postal version and can conclude they are different, they contain the same information but the app is shown as a downloaded document which also has an expiry date in 4 weeks, the postal similar but no expiry showing and possibly a bit harder to forge a false report but no doubt not impossible, maybe that’s why Malta wants the original also a lot easier to process through border control.

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 09:47. »
Thanks Wilson - very useful to know the difference between the two.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 00:15. »
On the https://www.spth.gob.es/ website should a couple use the family/group FCS form or do two individual forms ?
BeachLife

Offline Maria Jones

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 13:52. »
Just saw that if you have had the astra zenica vacine that was manufactured in India,the European medicines agency will not recognise it,as it wasn't approved by them.4210Z001,4210Z002 and 4210Z003 and guess what,I have had the 001 for my first jab.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 14:49. »
Spain haven’t signed up to that. They are accepting AZ from India this is from the independent

Many other countries – including India itself – are also affected because the Indian-made version accounts for the majority of AZ doses supplied to poorer nations as part of the Covax vaccine-sharing scheme.
However, EU member states may accept non-EMA-approved vaccines if they wish.
Germany and Spain are among nine EU members who have told India they will accept the Covishield version, Indian foreign ministry sources told Associated Press.

Hope that helps

Offline Maria Jones

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 15:21. »
Thanks Spurs I hope we can get out to GA soon

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 19:15. »
This throws me as I've had the Z001 but my Vaccine product is
Vaxzevria

The EMA has not approved the Covishield jab only because its Indian manufacturers have not yet sought a licence for the vaccine in Europe, reports say.

There is no evidence the vaccine is any less effective than the Vaxzevria AstraZeneca jab, which is produced in the UK and Europe.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 19:57. by Sookie »

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2021, 09:31. »
I've just filled in my Spanish Locator Form and you have to put your jab details on it.
Do not tick the 'EU Covid form' box and upload a copy of your NHS certificate as it will be rejected. Tick the 'other vaccination' box and enter your jab details manually. It lists all the possible jabs, AZ, Pfiser etc. Also make sure the name you enter from the certificate matches the name on the locator form otherwise it will be rejected when verified. I put my full name on one and not the other and it came back as an error.
(Also I wouldn't tick the 'I've had the chinese vaccine' box either).