Author Topic: Sofa collection  (Read 527 times)

Offline WADEY

Sofa collection
« on: June 10, 2021, 09:41. »
Hi there.. we are hoping to get out to our house on Novamar this summer.  Is there anyone who collects old sofas in GA. I think Ikea offers a recycling service but is it only old  Ikea furniture they take?

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Sofa collection
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 10:34. »
There is a phone number to ring and arrange for Santa Pola council large refuse collection from the roadside, contact them on 0034 686801323, they are on WhatsApp as well. I did this in 2019, they will let you know the days that they collect ( was Tuesdays and Thursdays then ), you need to leave it out by the bins the night before.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Sofa collection
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 11:55. »
If it is in good condition, the Easy Care Horse Rescue shop by Masa Square may be able to take it off your hands!

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Sofa collection
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 13:27. »
If it is in good condition, the Easy Care Horse Rescue shop by Masa Square may be able to take it off your hands!

I tried this route first when getting shot of ours, the van driver (John, I think) duly turned up to inspect but declined it on the grounds that 1) it was too old fashioned and experience told them that it would not sell and 2) the material would not be up to current fire resistance specs - but yes, certainly worth asking them if they would like it.
Mike and Jane Hopper