Author Topic: Foreign Holidays Illegal  (Read 14136 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 15:18. »
As Spurs noted re the various loop holes, didn't Boris Johnson's Dad use one of those loop holes to get to his place in Greece last year?

I've got to say it's wrong to be using loopholes to make a visit, it's folk "bending" regulations that in my view have made this dreadful situation drag on for as long as it has.

I do feel sorry for you guys wanting to go and check your places out.

However I do believe that until we understand the transmission of new variants of this virus and the effectiveness of vaccinations against them that overseas travel for holidays, or checking out overseas property should be strictly off the agenda.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 15:54. »
Good points John I won’t be going yet . The press are calling it the Johnson loophole ! 

I’m still thinking maybe July

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 15:56. »
Yes it's mad to have a loophole like this, I reckon it's got to be we can all travel or non, no ways of wriggling around it .

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 16:20. »
Hi Spurs,
Can you post the link to the Spanish site you mentioned?
Cheers Dave
PS Anyone who beats the Villa is alright by me.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2021, 16:21. »
Good points John I won’t be going yet . The press are calling it the Johnson loophole ! 

I’m still thinking maybe July
I do recall people on this forum and many others bending the rules though not breaking them last year, this being quite acceptable to many with any opposing thoughts being told to wind their necks in. What difference a year makes.
I will add that as of now I will be doing  a Stanley at the first opportunity.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 17:37. by wilson »

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2021, 16:42. »
Daily Telegraph is reporting that Spain will lift its restrictions on travel from the UK on 30th March.

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/travel-news-latest-travel-ban-082530400.html

Online Spurs

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2021, 17:51. »
Hi Spurs,
Can you post the link to the Spanish site you mentioned?
Cheers Dave
PS Anyone who beats the Villa is alright by me.

Hi not sure where it was now but it was a Spanish press release on . Spanish residents returning home and people who could enter it also gave details of what you needed to bring ie negative tests and documentation including rental agreement or title deed etc I will keep looking but can’t find it now , unless they have removed it lol

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2021, 18:40. »

Offline NickiH

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 19:01. »
Just heard that if you have a second home abroad you can travel to it

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2021, 22:20. »
Just heard that if you have a second home abroad you can travel to it

I hear a lot of things but a considerable number are untrue. What is your source?

Derek

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2021, 07:12. »
Whilst Boris has effectively locked the door so that we cannot escape, I wonder how tightly that door is closed travelling the other way? We've had a moat since the end of the last ice age but our drawbridge seems to be stuck in the down position.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2021, 12:56. »
Spot on re drawbridge.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2021, 14:10. »
"Updated 23 March: Spain has extended the ban on South African and Brazilian arrivals until 13 April but not the ban on British visitors arriving directly by air or sea from the UK. The ban on UK arrivals remains in place until 5 pm, 30 March but if nothing changes between now and then, British visitors will be able to enter Spain with the regulations in force for all visitors at that point. These include a passenger location form and, if the UK is still identified as a high-risk country, a negative PCR/TMA/LAMP test (see HERE). Obviously, this is the situation as far as Spain is concerned: the UK has its own ban on people travelling for leisure purposes."
BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2021, 18:44. »
Looking at the latest update on Gov UK for entry requirements for Spain it doesn't give house sales or renting as one of the reasons for entering Spain.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements#permitted-reasons

Permitted reasons to enter Spain after 30 March 2021
From 6pm (GMT+1) on 30 March 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), passenger travel between the UK and Spain will resume, however entry restrictions and testing requirements will remain in force. Only Spanish citizens, those who are legally resident in Spain or those who can demonstrate through documentary evidence an essential need to enter Spain, will be allowed to enter the country. Permitted circumstances include:

Holders of a long-stay visa issued by a Member State or Schengen Associated State, who are travelling onto said country.
Health professionals, including health researchers, and elderly care professionals who are going to or returning from essential work.
Transport personnel, seafarers and aeronautical personnel.
Diplomatic, consular, international organizations, military, civil protection and members of humanitarian organizations.
Students who carry out their studies in the Member States or Schengen Associated States and who have the corresponding permit or visa and medical insurance, provided that they are travelling to the country where they are studying, and that entry occurs during the academic year or 15 days previous.
Highly skilled essential workers whose work cannot be postponed or carried out remotely, including participants in high-level sports events due to take place in Spain.
People traveling for imperative family reasons who can demonstrate an essential need to travel.
All of the circumstances above must be justified by documentary evidence. You should be aware that you may be questioned on arrival by Spanish border authorities to ensure you meet the entry requirements. Spanish border authorities will only grant entry if they are satisfied that your journey to Spain is essential and reserve the right to deny passage.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 19:13. by Blue and white stripes »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2021, 20:13. »
It’s in the reasonable excuse section as below.
Other permitted reasons
There are further reasonable excuses, for example:

to carry out activities related to buying, selling, letting or renting a residential property