Author Topic: Foreign Holidays Illegal  (Read 14066 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« on: March 22, 2021, 22:19. »
Just announced from Monday foreign Holidays are illegal until the 30th June unless revised.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 23:22. »
They are illegal now!! It’s just an extension of existing COVID laws until 30/06 unless reviewed earlier so no changes

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 07:37. »
Just hope that they don't keep renewing it,even government scientists are saying no reason not to go abroad given the progress with our Vaccination program, personally I don't hold  out much hope for a summer holiday in Spain this year.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 07:46. »
Stay home holidays are going through the roof, my son has booked a static caravan at West Bay Dorset for a week in the summer holidays, £2000 for seven days, I was browsing seafront rentals in Aldeburgh Suffolk last year, did a search and came up with a place, sleeps ten people, £1200 a night,yes that's right not a week a night. Another place a big period house, peak season £22,000 for a week.  My wife has just found a static caravan same are in August one week £3000.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 07:51. by kevinb »

Offline NickiH

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 07:50. »
No it’s getting ridiculous now. Think people who have places abroad should be exempt provided they have had both jabs. I expect we are expecting this third wave due to the inept vaccination programme in Europe and the scaremongering from Macron and his cronies. Looks like September /October May be a more realistic time but then who knows the goal posts are being moved all the time

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 07:53. »
The economic fallout for the Costas if they don't have a decent intake of holidaymakers this year doesn't bear thinking about.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 09:29. »
Sick to death of the whole thing now. I'm ok with quarantine for 14 days after returning, pcr test before you fly etc. but adding another three tests when you return means an £80 return flight now costs £480 ish, the government doing everything possible to bugger up people's holidays just isn't on and I will remember this next general election.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 09:37. »
I really hope there would be some sort of mitigation for homeowers to get into their own places to check their homes over, if only for a limited period - but I cant see that ever being agreed until mass travel is allowed sadly.

Although we buttoned our house down and prepped it for a lengthy closure, would be good to get back in and chek it out (we dont have keyholders)

No it’s getting ridiculous now. Think people who have places abroad should be exempt provided they have had both jabs. I expect we are expecting this third wave due to the inept vaccination programme in Europe and the scaremongering from Macron and his cronies. Looks like September /October May be a more realistic time but then who knows the goal posts are being moved all the time
BeachLife

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 10:07. »
Well Iceland & Cyprus have already announced that U.K. residents can visit with vaccinations and there will be no quarantine or tests required, obviously no one can travel until 17:05

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 10:15. »
Good point - but even if the countries want us (such as Cyprus) travel will be dependent upon the UK Govt's acceptance of all that allowance.

If "we" arent allowed to travel (even with vaccines) then its a moot point I guess

Well Iceland & Cyprus have already announced that U.K. residents can visit with vaccinations and there will be no quarantine or tests required, obviously, no one can travel until 17:05
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 11:17. »
Love cypress but what are the beaches like in Iceland ?

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 13:51. »
Love cypress but what are the beaches like in Iceland ?

Our local Iceland has an extremely nice car park but unfortunately it would be of little use as an holiday destination as they have a two hour parking limit.

Derek

Offline Peter D

Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 14:17. »
I think that the government is now at a crisis point!what else do they want us to do?We have stayed at home,had the vaccine and given up all our social life.If they are too severe over the foreign holiday situation I fear Bristol will not be the only City with troubles.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 14:26. »
I've read the valid reasons for leaving the country and one is if you are buying or selling a house abroad suprisingly, I can imagine people trying it on using this reason.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Foreign Holidays Illegal
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 14:47. »
I just read up on the bit about buying or selling or getting it ready to rent , it also states any legal matters so if you book an appointment with your solicitor or legal representative or with an estate agent you will be allowed to travel . It seems you need proof of reason ie a letter confirming appointment or your rental agreement or your title deed if you take that you can travel. I’ve looked at the Spanish one and it says virtually the same thing .
I suspect this will be a well used loophole .
Pop in estate agents put it on market at twice its value so it dosent sell come back and take it off market .

Seems barmy but what do I know