Author Topic: New Restrictions  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
New Restrictions
« on: January 24, 2021, 16:57. »
I see that all major cities including Alicante are going to be no go areas over the weekends until February 15th.

see here
https://www.elmundo.es/comunidad-valenciana/2021/01/24/600d732efdddffbbb68b45d7.html
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 17:02. by Derek »

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
New Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 21:22. »
I see that Portugal are closing its borders with Spain from tomorrow. They are in a desperate state with a lack of hospital beds and medical staff. They are to receive help from Germany.

Derek

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/28/portugal-facing-worst-moment-of-covid-so-far-says-pm

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
New Restrictions
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 21:44. »
See N322 on Facebook

The COMUNIDAD VALENCIANA  Government has just extended until February 15 the closure of bars and restaurants.
The previous decree had ordered the closure until 3rd February.
The use of the MASK on the BEACH and for SPORTS in urban areas will also be MANDATORY are the main changes.
All these measures will be published tomorrow in the official bulletin of the community.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
New Restrictions
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 09:17. »
I´m glad "sports" are now subject to masks.  Fed up with unmasked cyclists , skaters and ski-pole walkers on pavements.
It seemed to make a nonsense of everyone else wearing a mask.

Bert

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
New Restrictions
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 17:36. »
No problems in Madrid apparently, bars open & tourists welcome!! I thought tourists weren’t welcome until end of summer?
https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210130-it-s-liberating-to-be-in-a-restaurant-french-tourists-escape-to-madrid

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
New Restrictions
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 18:24. »
This seems rather strange. They do not report what the actual restrictions are in full. Which are as below. Why on earth would anyone wish to travel from France to Madrid in winter so that can have a meal in a restaurant.

Surely the whole idea is that you stay at home and do not travel for your own protection. I think there is a travel ban on in France anyway. I remember an ex editor of the New of the world saying that a good journalist would or should never let the truth spoil a good story.

Latest coronavirus measures in place in the whole of the Madrid region:

A night-time curfew has been introduced meaning between 10pm and 6am residents and visitors are only allowed to move around the city on work, school or medical grounds, or for other pressing reasons.

Different households are not allowed to meet indoors in private homes (unless it is to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person).

Groups in bars and restaurants, both indoors and outdoors, are limited to a maximum of 4 people.

All establishments, including estaurants, bars, cafés and shops, must now close at 9pm (they are allowed to remain open till midnight for home deliveries services). The only exceptions are shops regarded as essential such as chemists’, health centres, vets and petrol stations.

Facemasks must be worn in all public spaces in Madrid, both indoor and outdoor. The only exception are people doing sports and children under the age of 6.

Social distancing rules must be followed at all times.

Smoking outdoors in public places is forbidden if and when a 2-metre distance cannot be maintained.

The maximum capacity is 50% in most enclosed spaces (such as hotels, restaurants, places of worship and sports facilities), and 75% in cultural venues (like museums, monuments, theatres and cinemas), outdoor cafés and restaurants, and shopping centres.

Night clubs and other late night venues remain closed.

All public parks and gardens shut between 11pm and 6am.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
New Restrictions
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 08:56. »
I suppose the reason tourists are visiting Madrid is that it’s one of few places open for restaurants, bars, museums etc, the questions are why is Spain allowing it and why is Madrid one if the COVID hot spots allowing bars etc to be open when majority of regions have shut them & making residents wear masks on the beach?

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member