Author Topic: Banks - N26  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Banks - N26
« on: December 16, 2020, 18:52. »
Hi,
Following the posts earlier this year about changing to N26 if anyone has changed and how it went/is going now?

Offline loser

Banks - N26
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 06:40. »
I kind of changed then got tied up with other things.
So for over a year my electricity bill have been paid through N26.
Works flawless. Super attentive support when needed and I got nothing to complain about (had a question about where they would deliver the card, since I wasn't in spain at the moment) Why didn't I move everything? Just lazy and kind of forgot about it, and on top of that few of the companies had such an easy site to change the billing account as the electricity company. Done with a few clicks.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Banks - N26
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 09:23. »
Thanks Loser. After AHV's post about Spanish bank charges I thought it was time for a rethink.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Banks - N26
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 22:47. »
Changing the subject slightly see below  re TransferWise, for me one of the best pieces of information to come from this forum. Must have saved me hundreds of pounds over the years.

Sunday December 20 2020, 12.01am, The Sunday Times

One of Britain’s biggest fintech start-ups is plotting a bumper stock market float.

TransferWise, which lets businesses and individuals make payments, is said to have asked investment banks to pitch for roles on a listing, including Goldman Sachs.

London is the preferred location of founders Taavet Hinrikus and Kristo Käärmann, Sky News said.

Founded in 2010 with the aim of reducing the cost of sending money abroad, TransferWise is one of the UK’s most valuable fintechs. It achieved “unicorn” status — a valuation of at least $1bn (£740m) — in 2016, and broke the $5bn mark earlier this year. Investors include Sir Richard Branson and venture capital firm IVP.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Banks - N26
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 09:48. »
Dave ive been an advocate for transferwise for many years, not just for loading the spanish account but sending simple things like birthday money to Australia. The card is widely accepted around the world so overall nothing not to like. Transferwise i recall was started by the creators of Skype giving low cost access outside of the greedy banking system, we all remember paying £20 and waiting 3 days for money to move, the banks really took the proverbial for too long. I did have concern when Richard Branson started sniffing around transferwise because he is all about the profit not the customer, fees didnt change but with now so many customers can if it floats hold them down or will the big shareholders start fleecing the golden goose. I suppose if that happens then a new low fee start up will enter the market and the process starts again.