Author Topic: Marandi  (Read 2792 times)

Offline MikeH

Marandi
« on: April 14, 2015, 13:40. »
Everytime we go out to GA we eat at this restaurant (next to MaxCoop), now our favourite in GA. Food a little more expensive than some of the others but the quality is excellent. I've heard some say the service is slow but for us it's just the right pace between courses.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Marandi
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 22:00. »
Hi Mike, this is now June's favourite restaurant in GA, when you're next out we'll make it a foursome
We had a meal there tonight.......superb.
June kicked off with a Mediterranean Salad, great choice, slices of fresh tuna, not tinned, in a lovely mix of leaves and fruit. I had a prawn cocktail with mango....winning combination!!
For mains it was Chicken with apple and a very mild red curry sauce ......tasted as good as it looked, I had cod tournedos, I'd have it again!!
All wrapped up with an apple crumble and an Irish Whisky

It's great to see some top quality restaurants opening in GA

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Denise

Marandi
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 22:49. »
I agree totally, this restaurant is superb...I give it 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline MikeH

Marandi
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 13:39. »
Hi John,

Thought you'd both like this restaurant and if we can make our visits coincide look forward to meeting up again.
At least we don't have to travels out of GA to find a numbr of decent venues.

Mike

Offline JOHN

Marandi
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 19:42. »
Agree with everyone - top marks

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Marandi
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 21:46. »
This had quite bad reviews initially, inc slow service as I recall, so we haven't bothered. Will do now though when we are over in 65 days (not that I'm counting)!!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Marandi
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 23:17. »
Great meal there on Sat night. Four of us eating - similar menu choice to JH. I thought the service was fine. One persons slow is another's perfection,  out with friends chatting and catching up - the space between courses was fine. If you want "fast" food - it's probably not for you. For me ? Perfect

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Marandi
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52. »
We noted that Mirandi also have a "bistro" menu and a menu del dia on their terraced area......we will be sampling it for lunch later this week
It's a tough life, I'm not sure how I cope

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline JOHN

Marandi
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 20:07. »
John - it is a tough life- having to make a choice about which menu to choose from
I had a very difficult decision to make this morning - the White t-shirt of the red T-shirt?
TOUGH yes- but better than working

Offline Denise

Marandi
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 20:35. »

My friends and I ordered a bottle of Cava.....they had sold out.  But brought a far more expensive  bottle of Fizz..at no extra charge.
And when your in a restaurant with a wonderful Ambiance...waiting between courses, is a delight
And of course means plenty of time to chat

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Marandi
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 15:42. »
The good news continues!!
Just had the menu del dia at Mirandi for lunch, superb!!
Kicked off with a Greek cheese and yoghurt salad, very fresh, followed by roast chicken in a mustard sauce with roasted vegetables, heavenly.......rounded off with apple cake all washed down with a beer, a top quality menu del dia at €14.50
It's getting good here🏼

Regards all

John