Author Topic: New Findings re Flying  (Read 1136 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
New Findings re Flying
« on: October 15, 2020, 18:58. »

Offline RachUK

New Findings re Flying
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:17. »
Reassuring

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
New Findings re Flying
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 10:12. »
Just a thought.......if these air filtration systems are that good on an aeroplane why do all passengers on a flight have to refrain from eating peanuts when only one passenger has a severe allergy to them???
I draw my own conclusions.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
New Findings re Flying
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 16:38. »
Good point John, don't know the answer to that. I would suspect though that you are safer on a plane than a bus.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
New Findings re Flying
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 16:46. »
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
New Findings re Flying
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 16:57. »
Interesting read BeachLife, I've been on serveral flights were the "no eating peanuts" announcement has been made, always annoys me as I'm quite partial to a pack of dry roasted.
If the airlines are insistent that we are safe from Covid on a flight the same should also apply to those allergic to peanuts if other passengers choose to consume them, I wonder if nut allergy announcements will now be a thing of the past.....or truth be known the airlines arn't that confident.

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 16:59. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
New Findings re Flying
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 17:04. »
Hi John. I think they will have to be in an effort to be consistant with the safety of travel during the COVID times. Perhaps the "Nut announcement" was only bought about as a risk to mitigate potential claims against the airline if people fell ill.

Although being a awkward pedant - I have often been tempted to ask a cabin crew if I can eat peanuts after that announcement as they are not "nuts" they are legumes - but Mrs BL stopped me  8)

Interesting read BeachLife, I've been on serveral flights were the "no eating peanuts" announcement has been made, always annoys me as I'm quite partial to a pack of dry roasted.
If the airlines are insistent that we are safe from Covid on a flight the same should also apply to those allergic to peanuts if other passengers choose to consume them, I wonder if nut allergy announcements will now be a thing of the past.....or truth be known the airlines arn't that confident.

Regards all

John
BeachLife