Author Topic: New restrictions  (Read 1655 times)

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2020, 16:57. »
Thought the person they had employed in masa square for evening session was a professional?

Offline NickiH

New restrictions
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 21:06. »
Seems like Spain although had a stringent lockdown and were a country to admire during the initial pandemic have made the mistake of opening up nightclubs and late bars. It’s pretty obvious the virus will spread under these circumstances. With 3,000 new daily cases they are not really any better off than in the beginning apart from less deaths as the sensible older people are paying attention to social distancing. We knew a second wave would eventually come but didn’t think it would arrive this quickly. Can’t see us getting out to Spain this year as can’t do the 2 week quarantine. Shame it wasn’t more local lockdowns and our government looked at regional quarantines rather than a blanket one, but there it is. Just hope this virus runs its course sooner rather than later

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New restrictions
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 22:49. »
I honestly cannot keep track of the numbers. The ways to count them shift too much. But remember the new numbers also include antibody tests (people that had it previously) and are the result of a great deal more testing. It's a finely balanced, and dangerous situation, but the although the numbers now somehwat resemble the numbers from "before", I really don't think its the same. The number to watch I think is "deaths" sadly, and that's nowhere close.

Also a lot of these new infections are among young people "luckily".