Author Topic: Cancelled flight  (Read 2061 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2020, 15:06. »
I cant vouch for them, I have heard a lot people speaking about this company giving full insurance if travelling against FCO policy.
https://www.battleface.com/
14 days quarantine, no problem, it's been great not seeing some folk 5 months, all the supermarkets deliver, it's easier than going to Spain!!

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 15:10. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 15:16. »
Thanks John, it’s more the lack of outdoor exercise including golf I would miss so will have to consider pros& cons. The wearing of masks whilst walking would also be a pain.
May hold on until UK changes advice to travel

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 15:20. »
I have a 3rd Sept flight that is only for 4 days and Ryanair are asking me for £180 to move it to December (plus £50 as the midweek December return flights are now more expensive than the Sept one was)  - so I will reluctantly be walking away from this one.

and he will have £320 in his bank account for not flying me and Mrs BL to ALC.

I understand he is reconciling his flights at the moment probably to try and fill less flights per week whilst keeping the routes open - but I have not had the option to cancel yet as it looks like he's flying on 3rd
BeachLife

Offline Carolyn

Cancelled flight
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 20:32. »
Just did a quick quote for myself for a four week stay on Battleface £241 for one trip, without my husband added or any medical conditions. Had the same quote for us both elsewhere for a years cover with medical conditions. Think your paying a much higher premium for the cover against the government advice To travel.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 09:23. »
I fly Ryanair 99% of the time and luckily they haven't cancelled our August/ September flights.
I'm in day 7 of quarantine at the moment and it's a bit of a pain but I knew what the rules were when I went to Spain and decided 16 days holiday in Spain outweighed the pain of the 14 day quarantine on return

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 10:34. »
Hello Jenkin,  i hope Jet 2 will be an option but as they pulled out of flights very quickly and haven't been flying from Newcaste this summer because of uk returning quarantine rules while easyjet continued to fly, we are just waiting to see if they will cope and, if and when the quarantine rules relax, what flights will be available, if any.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 13:10. »
Can't see the quarantine rules being relaxed anytime soon, UK rate is 20 per 100,000 whilst Spain is something like 130 per 100k

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2020, 16:14. »
Interesting the rate in Dorset where I live is 3 in 100,000. Predominately a Caucasian population and the spikes appear to be in areas that suffer more poverty and have a more diverse population. I suppose the same applies in Spain with the cities being hardest hit.

Derek

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2020, 10:23. »
Does anyone know what happens if you come to GA for one week, fly home for one week then come back out to GA, how does the quarantining work, I heard some on the plane saying this !!!!

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Cancelled flight
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2020, 11:03. »
You quarantine for the week you're in the UK. On my flight a bloke was only here for two days before going back to Spain. The locator form asks how long you're going to be at the address you give.