Author Topic: Ryanair flights  (Read 995 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Ryanair flights
« on: July 03, 2020, 12:22. »
Gotta love good old O’Leary he dosent mid a trick within 1/2 hr of the air bridge with Spain being announced he has flights on the website Stansted to Alicante for .... wait for it.  £327 each way . I thought for a moment he must have had a few and put the decimal point in the wrong place. Still at least the plane will be safe with 3 people on it

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Ryanair flights
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 14:51. »
We have seen the same here with flights from Bristol.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Ryanair flights
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 19:56. »
Has anyone driven out yet ?
I’m thinking of driving down just wondered what the nest route would be now !!
Thanks in advance
Steve

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Ryanair flights
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 20:00. »
To be fair, the flights have gradually gone up from Birmingham over the last couple of weeks as people booked when it became apparent that they would be able to fly. As people book the flights go up - hence the 3 flights etc. left at this price note on the website.
The flights I booked for £83 a couple of months ago have now gone up to £580 return.

Offline JB

Ryanair flights
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 12:23. »
Bought mine for August just over week ago for £600 all in with seats , cases etc etc  Now £1500 just basic !

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Ryanair flights
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 15:08. »
Has anyone driven out yet ?
I’m thinking of driving down just wondered what the nest route would be now !!
Thanks in advance
Steve

Hi Steve,
If you are taking the westerly route Rouen / Poitiers / Bordeaux then avoid it like the plague at weekends especially south of Bordeaux (it's not four lanes for going south for nothing).
In 2020, Saturdays 1, 8 and 15 August will be considered as “black Saturday” on the French motorways, because many French families (and foreigners) will then go on holiday and the traffic jams, especially on the autoroutes to the south, will be horrendous.

https://about-france.com/busiest-driving-days.htm

Dave

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Ryanair flights
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 07:42. »
You can add the last two Saturdays in July to that list as the French have traditionally shut up shop on Bastille day. Whether Covid19 will change their habits I couldn't say. Sundays tend to be a bit quieter as Lorries aren't on the road.

Offline mikehoward

Ryanair flights
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 12:41. »
Don't forget there are people like me that booked last year for an August flight, so he has those "in the bag" and also now won't now lose a penny for those that don't want to travel.