Author Topic: banks builders merchants large supermarkets  (Read 1061 times)

Offline paul1959

banks builders merchants large supermarkets
« on: March 15, 2020, 18:00. »
Hi all
I am due to arrive in area 23rd March if flights are still operating ? was wondering if banks builders merchants and large supermarkets like carrefour alcampo will be open or are they likely to be on lockdown like bars restaurants etc.

Thanks

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 19:14. »
Hi paul1959, Purely out of interest, why are you coming?

Offline masmu

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 20:05. »
Paul - I suggest you read through the numerous posts under the heading General Discussions - How serious is this?  The short answer to that would be VERY!

As from midnight last Friday, 13th March, all bars, restaurants and most business's (other than pharmacies and supermarkets) were closed for 15 days.  That would take us to 28th March at the very earliest that business's would open.  However the way things are going I would think that would be very optimistic!

Helicopters and on the ground police are out in force and anyone caught outside their homes for no good reason is heavily fined.  At the moment there are numerous people in GA desperate to get a flight back from Spain to the UK and I don't understand why anyone would even consider travelling in the other direction at this time - even if it were possible. 

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 20:29. »
I seriously doubt you will get there on the 23rd I dont think this is ending quickly . More importantly why would you want to go all the best advice is don’t travel . Stay home for your health and everyone else’s

Offline paul1959

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 20:35. »
Hi paul1959, Purely out of interest, why are you coming?

I have urgent stuff that needs sorting out at the bank which can only be done in person which needed sorting by the end of March if I cant do it then I cant get back out until October.

Offline paul1959

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 20:40. »
Thanks for all your help and advise been helpful hopefully you can get back to normal very soon.

Best wishes to all in Gran Alacant and everywhere else stay safe.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 21:02. »
Pleased to hear you at least have a serious reason for wanting to travel. Of course I don't know your specific case, but remember that power of attorney etc but be an option.