Author Topic: Bars and restaurants in lockdown  (Read 1640 times)

Offline NickiH

Bars and restaurants in lockdown
« on: March 13, 2020, 16:55. »
Have I read this right that as from midnight all bars and restaurants in the Alicante area will be forced to close ?
Closures for bars and restaurants in resorts like Benidorm, as well as other holiday hotspots along the Costa Blanca, will come into effect at midnight tonight.

The order covers the whole of the Valencian community – including the provinces of Castellon, Valencia and Alicante.

The Balearic Government is also ordering the closure of all discos, clubs, pubs, nightclubs, gyms and sports facilities in Majorca and Ibiza in a bid to stop the spread.

Offline Maricia

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 17:42. »
Correct - for 15 days.  Also what is strange, public transport, such as air travel is continuing as normal, so why would holiday makers still come here???

BW

Maricia

Offline NickiH

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 19:12. »
Well exactly we have changed flights to go back early next week instead of the week after as planned

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 21:31. »
NickiH If you are allowed to fly into the UK next week I will be truly amazed. Regardless of permission to do so, unless absolutely necessary you should stay where you are, indoors, and help protect everyone else by limiting your movement.

Spain just declared a "State of Alarm" so I can see the airport closing soon, taxis shut down and borders closed.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 08:47. »
Looks like just Madrid and Valencia taking action in bars etc, friends in Malaga saying no change there which seems strange. not sure why you would stay in Spain with everything shut if you can get home .
You would be mad to stay and risk being locked down with all Madrid people on coast!