Author Topic: NanKin II  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Keith and Jen

NanKin II
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:17. »
We walked down from Brisamar to have a meal down there just for a change.  It is closed for refurbishment.  They seem to be making a big effort.  Inside looks like a building site.

So, back to our favourite restaurant, Good View.  It never disappoints.  Complimentary poppadom and dips to start, free ice cream to finish.  Good View and good value.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
NanKin II
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 14:14. »
Like most people we have our go to restaurants when in GA, having been to Good view a couple of times I think it’s average at best, nice people with a nice view if upstairs but the food I feel is mediocre. That said we like our Indian restaurants and none of the ga establishments I would rate that highly the food seems consistently lacklustre. If anyone can recommend one with 30 minutes drive of GA that would be appreciated.

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
NanKin II
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 18:31. »
Personally our favorite Indian restaurant was the one that had to move out
so they could open the ice cream parlor
The food was always very good as was the service
mushte

Offline Maricia

NanKin II
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 21:27. »
The Indian that became the ice cream parlour was awful in our opinion ( I know each to their own), convinced sauces were out of a jar as had a 'gloopy' texture and I remember the round basket used to serve the poppadoms was filthy!

BW

Maria

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
NanKin II
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 18:35. »
I don’t think you can beat saffron in masa sq, the Sunday Buffet, eat as much as you like is good value for money, they also do a set menu which very good.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
NanKin II
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 08:47. »
Has anyone been to the wok buffet that’s at the roundabout in Santa pola just off the n332.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
NanKin II
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 12:21. »
Has anyone been to the wok buffet that’s at the roundabout in Santa pola just off the n332.

Yes it's shocking.............many people we know wouldn't touch it with a bargepole! However, the new one by the L'Aljub in Elche called City Wok is very good!

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
NanKin II
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 12:50. »
I’ve seen the new one, by the shopping mall, will give it a try when out next. Thanks

Offline lesandtony

NanKin II
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 09:35. »
Elche City wok