Author Topic: State of GA  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
State of GA
« on: November 18, 2019, 18:19. »
It appears that the Councillors of Santa Pola don’t feel that keeping up the appearance of GA is important

Over the last few months there appears to have been no work done

The entrance to GA off the 332 from Alicante is in desperate need of bush cutting along with the hill up to GA from the Mercadona roundabout where shrubs are now growing out of the pavement.

The whole area appears to be getting nag worse and when you think of the revenue that Santa Pola get from the home owners here, it’s about time they pulled their finger out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
State of GA
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 19:42. »
Does SP provide an annual report of income and showing where the money is spent. My council in the uk does each year and whilst I might not agree with how they spend my money at least I can see which areas it’s been spent in.
I agree Ash the gateway to GA is embarrassing, I did read about a new councillor earlier this year who promised great things but sadly talk is cheap

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
State of GA
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 19:53. »
Previous to the Last Council that was in power GA did have their own councillor, not that she did much.

The last council decided that we would not need one which is incredible when you think of the amount of residents here

I believe the current council we’re going to reinstate a GA councillor but I have not seen this yet, and if they leave it any longer the nominated person won’t be able to find GA through the weeds and rubbish that are accumulating

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
State of GA
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 13:30. »
Hi Ash - or anyone else who might know - is there a direct line (e-mail address) to "the council" we can address this with ? Perhaps if enough of us write in we can get some traction.

I know the Advertiser carries some Q&A pages but I am not sure if they are any more than lip service to our concerns
BeachLife

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
State of GA
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 13:53. »
I will see if I can find an e-mail address

I must admit the letters in the Advertiser as you say are just lip service

It just seems that the area is getting more untidy by the week

Offline ray

State of GA
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 13:02. »
Look lets be honest all GA is to SP is a CASH COW

Good example as Xmas is near Remember the pathetic show of Xmas lights we had, WONDER if this year will be better

Perhaps the Presidents of ALL GA Urbs should get together and Demand Better use in GA for our Moneys !!!!!!!

OR Better STILL GA doing a Barcelona on SP ?????