Author Topic: Barloko  (Read 3047 times)

Offline SueB

Barloko
« on: October 25, 2019, 16:46. »
Does anyone know if Barloko, the bar situated upstairs at the Commercial Centre is still trading as we went to have a drink there one lunch time whilst we were over in GA at the beginning of October, but it was closed.  We wondered whether it had reduced it's opening hours because of the time of year or whether it has closed completely.

Sue

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Barloko
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 20:56. »
Its up for sale, just been reduced to €60,000

I was under the belief that they were still open

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Barloko
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 00:06. »
To me it all depends on which side of the bar the owner was on the night before.
Been plenty of times it has been closed to due hangovers.

Offline Occasional tourist

Barloko
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 10:02. »
Don't think it opens until 6pm, but it has been somewhat erratic!

Offline SueB

Barloko
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 19:38. »
Thank you for your replies. 

We have always liked to end up there for 'refreshments' after our stroll down to the Commercial Centre from our place in Altomar 2.  Not out now until next year so unless we hear to the contrary we will check it out again then.

Sue

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Barloko
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 20:01. »
Erratic is an understatement, I go past most nights and it seems shut more often than open. Depending on where you live I wouldn’t make too much effort unless you like the exercise.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Barloko
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 19:37. »
It’s been closed now for over a month according to staff in Los Dados. All the outside chairs are still there along with a mercadona trolly. 

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Barloko
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 20:40. »
Another one bites the dust :( I was not a regular, but in it's heyday it was always packed, and looked very popular... what went so wrong?!

Offline Peter D

Barloko
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 09:52. »
Methinks when Roger left the whole demeanor of the bar changed,it wasn't quite the same and when Rogers opened in Masa square that was the final nail for Barolo.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Barloko
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 14:26. »
Has been posted on Facebook that barkoko has closed for good. And he is closing the barkoko Facebook page also.

Offline SueB

Barloko
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 22:17. »
Thank you so much for the update. We are out in GA at the end of March so we will have to find somewhere else to get our 'refreshments' from.

Thank you once again.

Sue

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Barloko
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 10:02. »
The golden rule with any bar or restaurant especially in areas like GA is your only as good as your last drink or meal, people vote with there feet. In 20 years we have our favourite places from Alicante down to Guardamar, the majority are still going strong. We liked Loko in its heyday a great place, but clearly Roger was the brains and the guy who satisfied the customers, when he departed it seemed to decline rapidly with customer satisfaction low on the list and more reliance on assuming that business would continue as before. So no surprise that Rogers is booming.