Author Topic: Plumbing  (Read 1091 times)

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Plumbing
« on: September 28, 2019, 17:22. »
Hi I want to change my toilet flush too a dual flush to try and  save water when family are out, does anybody know if the fittings are the same as the uk, I was going too bringing them out from screw fix and change them myself.

Steve

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Plumbing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 08:48. »
I used to get stuff like that from the hardware shop in El Altet, they are super helpful and the prices are as good as you will find anywhere.
I just took a photo of what I needed, or took the part that needed replacing with me and they always had what I needed.
I replaced both mine, it’s an easy swap.
Just make sure you replace the bolts and washers that fasten the cistern to the pan to avoid leaks and definitely replace the O ring between the pan and cistern otherwise I guarantee you will have leaks every time you flush the toilet.

Regards all

John 
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Plumbing
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 11:26. »
John are they the same size as the uk ??

Steve

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Plumbing
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 15:11. »
They look about the same Steve, I’ve never measured them though, I’d reckon they are a universal fit.
I know when I’ve fitted them in the UK the instructions have been in several languages....that tells me they’ll fit

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Plumbing
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 15:33. »
Thank john I’ll do some investigatiing.