Author Topic: Rumours  (Read 5446 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 18:42. »
Nothing that a brown envelope and a word in the right ear couldnt sort out im sure.

Offline Occasional tourist

Rumours
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 20:35. »
Looks like the correct licenses are in place and entertainment is now being advertised for Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Also looks like it stops at 11pm. You only have to go when entertainment is on to realise how popular it is. American Rock also I believe will be stopping earlier than they used to. Like it or not, it's here to stay. Rumour has it the complainant who contacted the police, just moved here having bought a property within close proximity of a commercial centre with 8 bars and restaurants. Hardly a smart move!

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 22:50. »
Masa square very busy tonight, all businesses appear to be doing well whatever licence they have or need.Nice to see a commercial corner has been turned.GA for many years was very seasonal busy in the summer but a wilderness in the long winter. Whilst not everyone's cup of tea the benidorm crowd does pay the bills.

Offline bramleylad

Rumours
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 23:14. »
Wow there are some snobs on here ! ,what about the revenue , employment the square brings to the area ?  I was here when there was just a bakers ,estate agents and just Churchill's + Antonio's bar ,I'm not into Benidorm ,but don't slate people who are each to there own ,everyone's taste is different , but I would much rather have the square as it is now ,vibrant with people having a good time with family and friends than the " tumbleweed " days  the are also Carabasi bars and Sierra Mar ,upper Monty Mar bars etc this is Spain ,wherever urbanisations spring up so will bars and restaurants

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
Rumours
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 19:58. »
Well said Barmleylad couldn`t have said it better myself.
Mushte

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2019, 22:30. »
"bramleylad" and "mushte", do either of you own and live in houses in the UK?

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
Rumours
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 22:49. »
I do and i live on the south coast and all through the summer i have tolerate students holiday makers and
numerous events which i have no interest in what so ever but i have to live with it
 So what is your point
Mushte

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019, 23:17. »
Whilst there are many people "working" in the square, i doubt that many are registered as such with the tax office. Not much support for local Spanish population either as most square workers are mates of mates or relations.So any revenue generated doesnt filter out into the wider community which badly needs it.

Offline bramleylad

Rumours
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 12:28. »
A lot of the labour in Spain is casual/seasonal but all the businesses and owners will be paying due taxes,"gaveteran",what has if I own property in UK got anything to do with the point at hand ?

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 18:47. »
A lot of the labour in Spain is casual/seasonal but all the businesses and owners will be paying due taxes,"gaveteran",what has if I own property in UK got anything to do with the point at hand ?

Oh please be sensible, i know numerous Spanish workers none of whom are casual or seasonal in their employment all without exception are official employees.The same cannot be said for the thousands of expat "workers" who after many years still keep forgetting to put themselves on the padron, they're under the radar in the black economy that is rife in Spain.As for due taxes does it strike you as odd in this technological age that so many establishments are still cash only and dont have a card facility to pay your bill, speak volumes methinks.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 19:34. »
Most of the bars I’ve been in have card machines but I guess there is a cost for the pub so if it’s not viable it’s out

Offline Occasional tourist

Rumours
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2019, 16:09. »
Oh please be sensible, i know numerous Spanish workers none of whom are casual or seasonal in their employment all without exception are official employees.The same cannot be said for the thousands of expat "workers" who after many years still keep forgetting to put themselves on the padron, they're under the radar in the black economy that is rife in Spain.As for due taxes does it strike you as odd in this technological age that so many establishments are still cash only and dont have a card facility to pay your bill, speak volumes methinks.
[/quote]

The blame for casual labour lies squarely with the Spanish authorities, put me in charge and I'd solve it overnight! There is clearly a reason why they don't visit bars and request the appropriate paperwork from the owners and staff. If I was a 'legal' Spanish bar, I'd be furious with the powers that be for not providing them with a level playing field!

Offline bramleylad

Rumours
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 16:44. »
gaveteran , you make it sound like the British are the scum of the earth ,this sort of casual labour goes on all over ,drive round London and you will see groups of Eastern  eEuropeans stood on street corners waiting for a van to pull up and give them a day's work ,also there are many other nationalities  here in Spain working " under the radar " as you put it , people who maybe only want to work for the summer or a year or two probably don't want to deal with all the red tape and jumping through hoops ,everything in triplicate that being " brings with it ,any way all this malarky is diversifying from the subject at hand which was how noisy/busy  Masa Square is now and how people from different nations are getting along being nice to each other and enjoying themselves ,you want to try it sometime ,you never know ,you might even like it !!