Author Topic: Rumours  (Read 5447 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« on: July 09, 2019, 19:07. »
No idea of true of not but heard the pub got shut down Sunday due to the noise. Must admit we are near the new mass builds and could here the singing word for word.
I’ve always be led to believe that entertainment needs to be inside the premises with doors and windows closed to keep the level of sound low.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 18:56. »
It was open Monday night

Offline kh511

Rumours
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:12. »
on sundays the bars have collaborated together to have the entertainment on in the middle of the square

Offline Occasional tourist

Rumours
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:11. »
I'm led to believe that a license is needed to have entertainment outside, and that has been applied for. Hopefully normal service will resume this weekend as it's extremely popular in the summer!

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 17:34. »
An outdoor entertainment license in that square would be a travesty.

Not one business there should even qualify for an indoor music license. It's smack in the middle of an residential urbanisation for pity's sake! It's perfectly obvious when those units where built that the planners envisaged a bread shop, a cafe for breakfast.... businesses to supply and compliment the houses around, and a square to perform as a social hub for the residents. I find the continued attempts we British have made to turn it into a mini Benidorm absolutely embarrassing, and extremely selfish.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 18:47. »
Different strokes for different folks . Not my cup of tea but I wouldn’t criticise anyone who enjoys that . It’s a business area so bars are entitled to be there and play music if they get the correct permits . I know a lot of people who go regularly and enjoy it.
As for residents those nearest knew what it was going to be when they bought there as it was clearly on the plan as a business area right at the start it was there choice so sorry no sympathy for them from me .

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 22:25. »
The Spanish families, for example, who live there, and who leave for work at seven in the morning. They fully expected the business units in the square to be turned into beer-swilling, barrel scraping English watering-holes with live music in the centre of the square? I think a lot of people buying a house would be so "naive" as not to expect such selfish and boring behaviour on their doorstep. Next time you, or someone you know, is cheering along to a band in that square at midnight, imagine a young family trying to sleep fifty meters away, it's just disgusting.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 23:42. »
Interesting but not factual most of the bars not in the hands of the present owners were there and open one as a British pub before the people who live near moved in . So it was their choice to buy there . Not heard the singers in the square but I assume the owners have a licence for it so the powers that be have decided it’s ok . Apart from which there are actually very few houses in close distance and I doubt any within 50 metres to that square and as it’s surrounded by buildings on all 4 sides can’t see the issue . If it’s not for you (or me ) fine don’t go but it’s not fair to spoil it for others who like that sort of thing

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 08:43. »
When we first brought in GA the square had one English bar one Spanish bar an estate agents a vets and a tea room. These places may have the correct licensing for music but do they make sure they stay within the law when it comes to the maximum decibels allowed. That’s something I’m not sure they do.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:49. by Sookie »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 08:07. »
Back in the early 2000s the square was a quiet little area of various businesses, in fact there was more tumbleweed than people. Sadly the area is now dominated by individuals whose priority is making money by attracting customers in football shirts with garish tattoos ,beards and those are the women. Loud chavvy music and cheap drinks pay the bills but that doesn't mean that everybody has to endure it whilst sat in there garden on a sunday afternoon.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 18:20. »
Anything to report back from this weekends entertainment in the square ??

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 15:31. »
All was quiet never heard any singing or music yesterday. And that’s a first for us.

Offline Peter D

Rumours
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 17:22. »
Masa square was relevantly empty,a first for us.I hope they don't cut their noses off to spite their face though.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Rumours
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 23:29. »
Understand police shut it down before it began due to lack of correct licence.

Offline Maricia

Rumours
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 12:38. »
According to bar owners on Facebook, normal service with entertainment resumes from this week, always had licences in place.
BW
Maricia