Author Topic: Banks  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Peter D

Banks
« on: May 12, 2019, 16:18. »
Has anyone else had trouble wth Bankia?Our account has been frozen since December 2018 no DD s pId apart from Bank and Card charges.We have given them the info re  our earnings in the U.K. but still it's frozen.Any advice please.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Banks
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 17:51. »
Our BBVA account was 'frozen' after I ignored an email warning me in advance received when I was on holiday and so couldn't do anything about it.
I booked an appointment at the Santa Pola office on line, took in my passport to the branch and five minutes later it was 'unfrozen' and fully operational.
It's not the bank - it's Spanish law, banks require sight of documentation every so often.

Offline Peter D

Banks
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 18:00. »
Thanks for that makes me feel a little happier

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Banks
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 18:04. »
Hi
I have had the same problem with bbva , since December until Easter, went into GA branch it was the wife’s details they required, gave them to him , could not re start account then sent to Santa Pola , then back to Ga , put in extra cash thinking It was all ok then since Easter No transaction, sent e mail to GA , reply came back say sorry can’t help ring customer service which I did , gave a few detail and got it re started, all the time I was paying bills over the phone and paying extra for my troubles !
You will need to contact all your DD accounts and re set up again, UNBERLIVABLE  !!!!!!

Steve

• Galactic Member
Banks
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 22:28. »
Perhaps it's the luck of the draw but my experience was totally different to Steve's. BBVA and the website were great, I haven't had to reset anything - unfortunately my direct debits are still going out. :-)

You can't book an appointment on line at GA which is why I went to Santa Pola, your reference and the cashier number comes up on a big board as you sit and wait your turn.

However unlike in GA the three or four people I spoke to there didn't speak English, the whole process which basically involves handing over your passport while the guy enters the details on his computer was done in spanish.

The whole mess was my own fault as I couldn't action their email as I was on holiday.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Banks
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 10:12. »
Same for me - I was locked out of my account with BBVA for 3 months until I could get over in a weekday and sort the mess out. Interestingly enough they still took out there "own" BBVA Seguros House insurance but stopped the DD's I had to Iberdrola, Hydraqua and my community. I knew they were "blocking" me as I was checking through my BBVA App in the UK - and in theory I could have done this remotely using the said app. It failed every time - so when i finally got into the branch they confirmed using the internet for this "wasnt reliable" - exasperating

Unfortunately when I bought my house I was assigned the Torre branch so had to go there - pull a ticket and wait for just over an hour to get seen.

This will be happening to all banks and accounts - ultimately I think all banks will need this so please keep this in mind
BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Banks
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 16:33. »
Like Beachlife our branch was, and still is Torrevieja but I went to the Santa Pola branch. They have a 'take a ticket' system there but it's easier to prebook an appointment on line.
I went in about 10 minutes earlier than my appointment and sat in the waiting area. An employee came over to ask what I was there for and directed me to a free teller so as it happens I didn't need the prebooked appointment anyway. The queue moved pretty quick because there were six people working behind the desks.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Banks
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 20:56. »
We had similar with Sabadell, wanted to check we weren't money laundering with a few thousand a year paid in to cover bills etc! Missed the email so they stopped account but managed to get sorted with a few phone calls.