Author Topic: New in Gran Alacant - Need some advice  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Marinero

New in Gran Alacant - Need some advice
« on: January 12, 2019, 02:07. »
Good day all,

Just would like to say hello to everybody and represent our self. Me and my wife new in Gran Alacant, from Aquamarine. We do not have cars, so we will have some difficulties :)

I have few questions, maybe somebody can help us.

1. Is there any emergency service numbers, like (open the locked door or stop any leakage from pipe...)

2. Do we have a local emergency ambulance number or we need to use 112 number all the time (ambulance and police?). Just for info - we have Sanitas med. insurance.

3. Best hospital or med. centre in our area?  I found that is IMED in Elche? We need it for yearly check up...

4. Is it possible to cary bicycle with you when traveling by bus to Alicante (Santa Pola - Alicante Bus Station)?

5. The best way to do shopping every week. Mercadona or any online services?

Thank you in advance. Any answer will help us.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Offline Marinero

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 16:57. »
Anybody can help?)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 17:27. »
Hi can’t answer all of them but here goes

1 there are lots of numbers for plumbers locksmiths electrician etc just do a search on this site
2 not sure but I think it’s 112
3 there is a medical centre in upper ga opposite bbva bank
4 I have seen people carry bikes on the buses don’t know if it’s allowed but some do it
5 mercadona do have an online service but there are plenty of supermarkets in the area

Offline Marinero

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 17:45. »
Hi can’t answer all of them but here goes

1 there are lots of numbers for plumbers locksmiths electrician etc just do a search on this site
2 not sure but I think it’s 112
3 there is a medical centre in upper ga opposite bbva bank
4 I have seen people carry bikes on the buses don’t know if it’s allowed but some do it
5 mercadona do have an online service but there are plenty of supermarkets in the area

Thank you for your time and answers. I will continue searching on this site

Online kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 17:56. »
Only problem with online shopping is the drivers will probably never find you, especially if you live on a gated community.

Offline Marinero

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 18:08. »
Only problem with online shopping is the drivers will probably never find you, especially if you live on a gated community.

I had this problem in Orihuela Costa too

Online kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 18:13. »
Yes Marinero, the addressing is a nightmare on a lot of phases, had huge problems getting a bed delivered, in the end I stood in the road to lead the driver in.

Offline hyetometer

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 10:17. »
Hi Marinero,

as to Mercadona online service: I used it last year in July four times. If you don't have a car, it's more comfortable than shopping by bus. (And though delivery is 7,21 Euros, it's not much more than 2 persons travelling by bus and less expensive than hiring a car.)

In my case delivery was within the time span of two hours you can chose on the order form. You also can explain more detailed where your house or flat is and give them your phone number. So the driver can call you, when he doesn't find your house/flat and you can go downstairs to meet him.

Cheers, Monika

Offline denandrose

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 10:41. »
Hi Marinero. If you have health insurance you could speak to the people at Salvum in upper Gran Alacant. It is a private clinic who deal with several insurance companies , if you search for Salvum Gran Alacant you will see the full information. You can get yearly health checks, X-Ray's, ultra sounds, dentistry etc.
It is in the Santara Resort.
The doctors across from BBVA bank is part of the Spanish Health Service.

Offline Marinero

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 14:33. »
Hi Marinero,

as to Mercadona online service: I used it last year in July four times. If you don't have a car, it's more comfortable than shopping by bus. (And though delivery is 7,21 Euros, it's not much more than 2 persons travelling by bus and less expensive than hiring a car.)

In my case delivery was within the time span of two hours you can chose on the order form. You also can explain more detailed where your house or flat is and give them your phone number. So the driver can call you, when he doesn't find your house/flat and you can go downstairs to meet him.

Cheers, Monika

Dear Monika,

Thank you for your answer and advice

Offline Marinero

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 14:35. »
Hi Marinero. If you have health insurance you could speak to the people at Salvum in upper Gran Alacant. It is a private clinic who deal with several insurance companies , if you search for Salvum Gran Alacant you will see the full information. You can get yearly health checks, X-Ray's, ultra sounds, dentistry etc.
It is in the Santara Resort.
The doctors across from BBVA bank is part of the Spanish Health Service.

Hi Denandrose,

I will google about Salvum, thank you very much