Author Topic: The Belfry ?  (Read 2697 times)

Offline bramleylad

The Belfry ?
« on: July 18, 2018, 14:26. »
What's happened to The Belfry ? ,a once thriving restaurant is  a shadow of its former self ,looks very quiet now whereas before in main season you had to book to get a table , what's going on !?

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 17:41. »
Problem is that you never know whether it will be open.  Been caught out a few times when relying on the new owners´ published opening hours.

Bert

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 18:10. »
Was very busy on a Sunday when we were out a few weeks ago.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 20:50. »
Its open this evening and appears as dead as the proverbial dodo.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Occasional tourist

The Belfry ?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 09:57. »
Taken over by people who have no idea on how to run a restaurant by the look of it. Trying to be everything to everyone, providing breakfast, lunch and dinner and not really succeeding at any of it. Time will tell....

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 17:37. »
Just seen this from Paul on the book of the face

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 20:35. »
Seems very honest, and hopefully a return to form for this place which was always amongst the better eateries. Can't lie though, would love to hear the whole story haha.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 21:47. »
So whats with the forum supported story of new owners blah blah blah seems like the usual smoke and mirrors load of old blarney peddled. Normal portion of porkies being served and its not one of the choice of 3 meats. Next revelation will be the PUB owners rebought it for a euro.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 22:04. »
No old blarney Victor.
You need to keep your ear closer to the ground!!

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 22:15. »
Hmmm time will tell where the true facts lie.

Offline Michelle

The Belfry ?
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 12:12. »
Hi guys
Just to let you know the "gossip" regarding Belfry & this is straight from the horses mouth ..mine.
Yes it is true we are back at Belfry, for how long not sure, we are only there as the new owner is quite poorly. As he only took over 6 weeks ago & the restaurant was doing quite badly & very quiet which at this time of year should be buzzing
Paul has stepped in to get it back to what it was & get it back on track for the new owners return as we feared he wouldn't have a business to come back to.
Yes the statement was harsh but very true, the new owners were aware of the statement before Paul made it & agreed to it as I'm sure everyone understands we have to let people know that it's changed back to try & get people back in ASAP
So there you have it guys ....we all know what GA is like for gossip that's not true, well believe me this is true as I'm Pauls wife, so let's just wish Jamie a speedy recovery &hope  we can work & help to keep his dream of running & owning a restaurant in Spain alive eh.
Living the dream 😎

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 12:38. »
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for putting us all out of our suspense and I wish the new owner well as it's not the ideal start to a new enterprise.

Now if you can persuade The Pub to turn the music down to an acceptable level a few of us may come back over the weekends.

Best of luck.

Dave

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 14:01. »
Cheers Michelle for stating the facts.
Best wishes to James and Lisa, their dream is still alive.
If your looking at this James, speedy recovery mate x

Regards all

John

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
The Belfry ?
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 14:37. »
The only hilarious thing, in a sad story, are all the incorrect assumptions you rush in with Victor/Corporal Jones, but that does seem to be your forte

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 14:40. by John H »

Offline Michelle

The Belfry ?
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 14:52. »
Yes guys all of it facts....and as for spin? Really? This is a GA not the English government 😂 if you want proper scandal & drama go buy a newspaper it really is more interesting.
To the post above the nonsense one ...yes of course I will have a word about the music been too loud no problem 😜😁