Author Topic: New Italian ?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Pantalonesgrandes72

New Italian ?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 10:14. »
Not so long ago after having to endure the racket from the lower end at The Pub whilst having Sunday lunch at The Belfry I vowed never to go to the Masa Square again.

I'll wait for the reviews regarding the new Italian and then decide whether to give it a try - but leave it until September / October when it's a bit quieter and definitely not when Mr Bojangles is shouting er "singing".

Dave

Sorry to hear Mr Bojangles is still doing his thing, one would have thought his Guantanamo Bay style of vocal act would be recognised as "old hat"? Going to have to find out where / when he's performing in August and avoid!!

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 18:18. »
The Belfry’s new web page is up and running, couldn’t see anything on there regarding breakfasts or lunches so guessing more info would be on Facebook, which is something I don’t have so can’t check.

Masa square is a place I avoid on a Sunday.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 23:29. »
Ive never understood despite several requests as why the Belfry is cash only, surely the card machine isnt still broke after 2 years.The carvery is pretty good, but as a viable business its seems all smoke and mirrors.
They dont like it up em !

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 19:18. »
 With regards to Mr Bo Jangles being old hat, he can still pull in the punters
as you are hard pushed to find a seat after 4-15 on a Sunday.
Still each to their own
Mushte

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 20:44. »
Hi Mushte, I've nothing against Mr Bojangles personally other than that his type of music isn't mine - as you say each to their own. My objection is that wherever you are in the Masa Square whilst he is performing you are part of his audience due to the volume of the music.

It can't be right that someone wanting to eat a leisurely meal outside the other restaurants needs to shout to be heard. It surprises me that the restaurant owners haven't complained (or have they, I don't know) as I'm sure they lose some custom due to the lack of amenity.

Dave

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 23:16. »
That's a good point Dave, the guy who owns the Pub seems to take over the whole square on a Sunday, doesn't seem to care about the impact on his neighbours.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
New Italian ?
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2018, 22:55. »
Really lovely meal. Couldn’t fault it and good quick service. Wld I go on a Saturday night again? No Live singer in the square not bad but ridiculously loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2018, 23:15. »
She wasn't a bad singer but sooo loud, if you were out for a nice meal you wouldnt have been impressed with the racket, it then went to another level with a duet with old bojangles, Robbies Angels was slaughtered. Apparently all the bars chucked a fiver into the kitty to pay for the evenings entertainment, maybe increasing it to 7.50 would really move things forward, saying that the square regulars were whooping as usual so maybe its me.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 14:10. »
...maybe increasing it to 7.50 would really move things forward

hahaha superb. Ironically of course if they went a tenner, the regulars probably wouldn't like it.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 12:33. »
I don't think it's you Victor - some of us like to go out for a quiet meal. If we also want entertainment we will pick somewhere that provides it but we don't want it forcing on us from next door.
I had already decided never to go again on a Sunday; looks like that now includes Saturday as well.
Dave

Offline Michelle

New Italian ?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 12:50. »
That's a good point Dave, the guy who owns the Pub seems to take over the whole square on a Sunday, doesn't seem to care about the impact on his neighbours.

Hi guys in reply to this one......The guy as you put it, does care about the square & his neighbours, as they all put together for the entertainment in the summer.
It's simple if it's not your cup of tea, no one is forcing you to go there....A very busy square now, great businesses there too, which was needed after years of been dead there.............just saying guys 😁

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
New Italian ?
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 19:21. »
It is great to see the square busy and good luck to everyone but I have to agree I will now look in the local mag to see when there’s no one singing if I want a meal there so in some ways that music is losing trade and Im not a bore. If i’m having a drink i’ll dance and sing along with the rest of ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline JB

New Italian ?
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 13:52. »
Everyone knows when the loud music going to be on so we all have a choice... I think its great there is something varied on throughout GA so you can make a choice each night.

Be a bit boring if it was all the same food, drink and atmosphere each night.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 17:28. »
It does make me
 chuckle when people who have lived here for years moan about the loud music in masa square at the weekends. It's the same with the beaches don't go or wear ear muffs.