Author Topic: New Italian ?  (Read 4152 times)

Offline bramleylad

New Italian ?
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:20. »
Seen in Ga advertiser ,new  Italian  restaurant opening , where is it / who has opened  it ? ,Tks 

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 09:09. »
Masa Square, next to the Pub.  Understand proprietor is Italian chef.

Online gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:25. »
Understand proprietor is Italian chef.

...is sadly incorrect based on their Facebook advert advertising for a chef haha

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 12:35. »
No, proprietor is a chef:  advert is for additional staff.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 19:44. »
Come on boys does it really matter. What does matter is that a new restaurant is opening which may be really good, GA is a challenging market for start ups as the last 15 years have shown us. I used to like those threads where it was name that bar/restaurant, some real blasts from the past came up.The GA restaurant  awards were also entertaining, until it all got nasty.
They dont like it up em !

Online gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 21:04. »
"La Piazza Ristorante Italiano. Opening 1st July in Gran Alacant. We require a qualified chef preferably with Italian cuisine and 2 waiters/waitresses."

I do truly hope it's a fantastic restaurant. It will save me the trips to Spiga in Alicante when I fancy Linguini with clam sauce.

We've been over the fact that I'm a snob before, I confess, but truly I just want GA to get better. Some of the bars and restaurants that open here - I personally feel - don't improve the neighbourhood. I honestly hope this place is fantastic. I am pessimistic solely based on the performance of countless other places I have seen come and go, but fingers crossed this place is different. I live for the day I can take the grandkids (fine-ish) dining here in GA, rather than having to drive to Santa Pola and Alicante.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 23:50. »
Gavetran ive been called worse and even threatened with violence when i criticised a masa square business. But i totally agree GA has always struggled to attract and keep quality restaurants, instead were overun with average mediocre eateries that go bump within 2 years.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 13:31. »
Most people in GA don't want high quality restaurants,if they did they would have moved ages ago.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 14:52. »
You can read more about the restaurant, menu, owners etc here http://www.lapiazza-ga.com/info2.cfm?info_id=226871

Think it will be a great addition to Gran Alacant!

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 00:35. »
Menu does look great - I'll give it a go !
BeachLife

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 23:14. »
Most people in GA don't want high quality restaurants,if they did they would have moved ages ago.
Looking at the residents on our urbanisation there are only a handful of originals left, personally i would prefer decent bars and restaurants others seem to favour the lower end of the market.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 13:29. »
Looking at the residents on our urbanisation there are only a handful of originals left, personally i would prefer decent bars and restaurants others seem to favour the lower end of the market.

Very true, unfortunately it's a race to the bottom. And you can't polish a T@rd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 22:03. »
Not so long ago after having to endure the racket from the lower end at The Pub whilst having Sunday lunch at The Belfry I vowed never to go to the Masa Square again.

I'll wait for the reviews regarding the new Italian and then decide whether to give it a try - but leave it until September / October when it's a bit quieter and definitely not when Mr Bojangles is shouting er "singing".

Dave

Offline Peter D

New Italian ?
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 22:56. »
We went down to the Belfry two,weeks ago last Thursday ,all closed up ,despite advertising al a carte.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
New Italian ?
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 09:00. »
Had the same experience at the Belfry last week.  Not impressed.

Bert