Author Topic: And another chiringuito stopped from opening this year....  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
It seems the Embarcadero de Lucia (the one by the little ermita on the coast road) has also been stopped from opening this year  >:( >:(

After 20 years of trading, the council in their 'wisdom', have not renewed their licence due to several reasons :

They will only allow them to build to 70m2 (including their second terrace) and will not allow them to cook, nor use crockery or glass (only glasses and plastic plates) .........so they have been refused their licence.

Apparently it seems someone else will open there......using plastic plates............on the beach............. :( :( :(

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
And another chiringuito stopped from opening this year....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 15:23. »
Ridiculous. If El Ancla not up and running I might sell up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35. »
Ridiculous. If El Ancla not up and running I might sell up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, a county with crippling unemployment, a terrible debt problem in a region that relies very heavily in tourism is errrrr, closing stuff down ?

The local government have just won a Darwin Award ..... 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 10:52. »
Its insane all those lovely little businesses bringing a wonderful atmosphere as well as paying tourists, and locals to the beach and helping the local economy refused, has someone in Santa Pola council got a new job in the licensing department if they have they need sacking. I just do not understand the logic, meanwhile camper vans are continuing to park up by the little chapel and put their waste into the sea and lord knows where else (ive never seen anyone rolling their waste barrels to the end of the road and the nearest drain) and they are allowed to be there for free with no charge at all going to the income of Santa  Pola.  There are not as many as in the winter where i counted forty odd and most of them parked up long term and not moving around, they must be saving a fortune by not using the real campsite in Santa Pola which has proper services for them.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 07:10. »
Most motorhomes have internal fresh and grey waste tanks and can go for three or four days before having to empty. Cassette loos, equally, last about three days and a few carry a spare cassette which extends the period before they need a service point.