Author Topic: About to Buy  (Read 10296 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2018, 17:47. »
Whoopppeeeeee
Albeit rather late in the day Mr Sunshine has at last made an appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Lynda2910

About to Buy
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2018, 19:30. »
Pewster, I am also trying to source the glass panels so please let me know if you have any success  :)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2018, 10:13. »
It might be worth asking is Briñas do them, they do everything else glass and galleria related very well and at a very good price. Ask for Jose, he speaks excellent English
S

Offline Lynda2910

About to Buy
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2018, 11:02. »
Thank you so much Sunseekers, looked at their website and they seem to have exactly what I am looking for so will pay them a visit today 😀

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2018, 18:50. »
Lynda,

Did you go and any good ?

Dave

Offline Lynda2910

About to Buy
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2018, 17:10. »
Yes I went and they were brilliant. English girl working there and they are going to make and fit exactly what we want.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2018, 17:20. »
Brinas are a great company, they have done quite a bit of work for us, all done on the agreed dates and to a very high standard, use with confidence.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2018, 20:45. »
Ok, next question to put to the collective knowledge of these pages, TV & internet ?

At least for the next couple of years we will be using the place intermittently for mainly friends and family and ourselves holidays. We want good internet coverage for I pads and laptops etc, TV wise a handful of Freeview English channels will suffice. I believe there is an Ariel and TV points in the place we are buying, but defiantly seen no dish ( and have no desire to have one ). Our usage will vary greatly throughout the year on a month to month basis depending on if the place is empty or if anybody's there, so any recommendations on who's and what service we may be best with ? 

Also, burglar alarms, how necessary are they and any recommendations should we choose to install one ?

Cheers again in advance

Dave

Offline Brandon

About to Buy
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 00:26. »
Hi Dave,

We use GATV for internet.
We have the 3MB package.
Perfect for a family of 5 ( all online together on iPads, & phones incl Netflix, etc

Cost is approx €16+ per month over 12 months,
Otherwise €26 per visit on holiday package or a straight €156 per annum single payment (20% saving on monthly charge)

For TV, we paid about €99 to Euronics guy to install free to air ENGLISH TV channels using a set top box.
There are internet packages also available.

Burglar alarm.... didn’t get one and I think once you have the security grilles on doors & windows, these are more important.

Best regards,
Brandon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2018, 13:02. »
Cheers for that Brandon, was thinking GA tv for internet having read some of the threads !

Update, not at all excited about the fact that I now know I will officially become a Gran Alacant property owner on Friday 27th April, not looking forward to the trip to complete at all as I sit here staring at the 22nd continuous day of uk rain ;)

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2018, 15:17. »
Bricodepot in Elche is cheaper than Le Roy and probably the same distance from GA. You can download their catalogue on line. I also use the Ferreteria in the GA Centre. There's a young spanish assistant in there who speaks better English than I do.

By the way, I think we've ended up as your near neighbour judging by your previous posts  ;)

I've always got on with my Baggies friends, so hope you won't mind if I name the new pad " Chitonda Villa "  :D

Dave