Author Topic: Mobile phone reception.......  (Read 3708 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Mobile phone reception.......
« on: March 06, 2015, 23:49. »
.......lower GA

It might be improving I'm pleased to say

Our community and others on Novamar have been called to an extraordinary meeting later this month to vote on a proposal that the presidents of each phase have agreed to, the proposal is to rent some space to allow Vodaphone to erect a mast to boost mobile phone reception in the area.
The annual rent is very tasty, it can be put to good use on the Novamar communities

I'd better read the sheaf of material they have sent me before casting my vote!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 09:31. »
Just read all the "bumf", it will look like a lamp post, the rental will go towards the tidy up of our tennis courts/sports area, can't be bad, I like a bit of win win

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Philndeb

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 13:25. »
Sounds good, I might even get some reception inside my house after it's up and running..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

granalacant

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 14:17. »
does it include insurance against cancer related diseases? All over Spain people are a bit weary after several reports there is a connection  (no pun intended).

Beware of Greeks (or Vodafone) bearing gifts  .... maybe you can convince them like in Madrid to rename the comunidad "Vodafone" like they did with Sol underground station    :-)

Offline Joe1965

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 09:00. »
Mobile reception has always been poor on the hill.

Caught between Alicante and Santa Pola's footprint the concrete doesn't help.

I would read up before voting though.

8)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 09:37. »
As I said Joe, lots of third part "bumf", it's a relay antenna sited well away from any houses, it's like the relays that are dotted all over city centres

A government ministry has to approve the location, it's not a case of that's a good idea lets go with it.

Obviously some people may have concerns, hence the vote rather than letting the collective group of Novamar Presidents decide

Regards all

John

Offline Joe1965

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 10:08. »
Happy reading ! lol

I will expect a 40 page report on Monday from you !

I'm off to run up a great big hill and am very thankful the winds have eased otherwise I would end up somewhere over Cumbria (perish the thought hahah)

Ciao

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 10:14. »
We're going a few miles up the coast to Runswick Bay for a good walk then a traditional Sunday Lunch.......I did think about running up a hill
Have a good day Joe

Regards all

John

Offline Philndeb

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 11:00. »
I'm going to walk over and try the 'Brother's' Sunday Lunch later, I'm not a big Roast fan but will give it a go.

Offline Philndeb

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 20:22. »
Update, we had a lovely Sunday roast at Brothers, I had the Lamb which was gorgeous, with roast and mashed potatoes Yorkshire puds and a trio of nicely cooked veg, you could also have pork or Beef. The chef Cindy gave us Extra veg and some roasted parsnips which were lovely, we also had the home made Apple and mixed fruit pie with custard which was scrummy. All in all a great Sunday roast well cooked from friendly staff, just sorry that we missed the singer.
We will be back next week for more.

Offline Lesue

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 21:13. »
You lucky devils ... sounds wonderful.  I´ve had a very busy day which was running late so called in to "Darby´s Chippy" on our way home and had Fish & Chips .... very nice, I was ravenous !!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 23:31. »

I'm going to walk over and try the 'Brother's' Sunday Lunch later, I'm not a big Roast fan but will give it a go.

Going back next week, that was a quick conversion!!

Like Les we ended up with haddock and chips, they were brill

Regards all

John

Offline Philndeb

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 09:36. »
We have friends coming out this week so they will need a roast haha