Author Topic: Road Tax  (Read 3538 times)

Offline mikehoward

Road Tax
« on: January 15, 2017, 18:54. »
Need some advice from car owners. We bought a car last March with an ITV of 2 years and auto renewal on the insurance so no issue with them. However, we won’t be out until end April this year so can’t renew the Road Tax until then. The car is at a long stay carpark so not on the road. Question is, how hot are the authorities on this renewal, if I’m a month late?. If they are I might have to consider coming out earlier.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Road Tax
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 21:10. »
Mine renewed automatically Mike, the money was taken out of the bank each year

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline burchd

Road Tax
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 21:34. »
I purchased a new car last year,I took all my car documents and bank details to the 1st floor of the Town Hall in Santa Pola.
I then set up a direct debit for the car tax to renew automatically.

Offline Alan

Road Tax
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 21:29. »
I'm almost 100% certain that, unlike the UK, car tax is paid during the same period of time each year irrespective of the initial date of registration and has to be paid by something like 4 June. You should receive notification in the post sometime in April and you take that letter to one of the banks listed on it and pay the tax.

For the first two years that I had my car, I did not receive  a postal notification so went to the council office in the medical centre building and had one printed off. You can also go to the Suma office and get one which is worth doing if you are not going to be in GA until at least early May and might not get a postal notification.

If you don't pay by the due date (4 June?) you will be fined. This happened to both myself and a friend, although  we received the notification letter we simply forgot to pay. We went to the Suma office a week or so after the due date and were given an updated bill which included the fine, 4 or 5 euros I think, and the bill had to be paid into one of the specified banks that day otherwise an additional  fine would be incurred.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Road Tax
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:46. »
What is the price of road tax in Spain ?????

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Road Tax
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:58. »
Depends on the emissions of your car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline mikehoward

Road Tax
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 12:17. »
Alan, thanks for the detail, we are next out at the end of April so I'll get straight to the post boxes and get it sorted.

Offline Pete R

Road Tax
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 11:22. »
Hi, I bought a car last year and car tax is due, I don’t think the dealer set up a direct debit and in U.K. on lockdown so can’t pick up the reminder. Is there a way to pay online? I’ve tried the SUMA website with NIE and Car reg plate but it’s not recognising it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance 😎

Offline TRIDENT

Road Tax
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 21:28. »
So last year i did not receive my car tax bill by post. I went to the sums office in Santa Pola and was informed that the suma office does not collect for Santa Pola it is collected by the townhall. I went there and gave my reg number they printed the bill and payed by card at the adjacent desk.  Mine is also due so if i get it sorted i will post an update.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Road Tax
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 16:08. »
Hi, I bought a car last year and car tax is due, I don’t think the dealer set up a direct debit and in U.K. on lockdown so can’t pick up the reminder. Is there a way to pay online? I’ve tried the SUMA website with NIE and Car reg plate but it’s not recognising it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance 😎

Have you tried here? https://www.suma.es/PortalWeb/localizadores/cuerpo_tramites_cargo_cuenta.xhtml
Due to Covid 19, they have extended payment until 15th June

Offline TRIDENT

Road Tax
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 20:45. »
If your car tax is payable to Santa Pola as in my previous post it is not collected by the suma office but by the town hall directly. I have been in touch with them but i need this years bill to pay it online. This is the latest reply i received.    Hello again Heber,
We are informed that due to the state of alarm the payment of this tax is suspended. The fiscal calendar is scheduled to be updated with new dates. As soon as it is, we will inform in this page.
Regards

Offline TRIDENT

Road Tax
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 00:34. »
🚗 Vehicle tax deadline:
This morning the modification of deadlines for the payment of receipts of the Mechanical Traction Vehicle Tax has been decreed.
📆 The deadline has been set between June 1st and September 1, 2020. The date of collection of the receipts will be August 3, 2020.

Offline Ron l

Road Tax
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 16:06. »
Brilliant thank you for the info

Offline mikehoward

Road Tax
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 10:45. »
Hi,
Another year on and due to COVID/Flight cancellations I haven't been able to pick up the renewal details and pay the Road Tax (Mechanical Traction Vehicle Tax). When I do get out I'll set up a D.Debit but in the meantime some advice please:
I assume I'll need to contact SUMA again to pay, but they only get them from Santa Pola after the expiry date, when fines are due. When is the expiry date and anyone got the details on how to get the bill. I've searched the site but cannot find the information that was on there last year.
Thanks

Offline Alan

Road Tax
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 15:15. »
Mike,
I emailed the following to SUMA:

Estimado señor / señora,

Como consecuencia de Covid 19 no he podido viajar a España desde Inglaterra y por lo tanto no he podido pagar el impuesto al Ayuntamiento por mi coche. ¿Puedo utilizar Internet para pagar el impuesto en línea?  Si es posible, ¿podría darme la información que necesito para poder pagar?

Mis datos son:

Here I put my name, NIE and car registration

I sent the email on a Friday and received an response the following  Monday with payment details. I paid using a UK credit or debit card, can't remember which, and received a receipt.

The email address I sent to was:

oficina.santapola@suma.es