Author Topic: Banged to rights at last!!  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Bunny

Banged to rights at last!!
« on: December 08, 2016, 22:03. »
If you have the misfortune to have contracted Grannet for telephone and broadband.............  apparently their days are numbered!  On the 11th January according to a news letter from the Ayuntamiento de Santa Pola!

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 09:06. »
Any chance of a link? - or even a scan of the newsletter?

Thanks.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 09:48. »
Come on 'Hero Member' spill the beans.

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 09:58. »
Its on the Gran Alacant Facebook page in Spanish, not sure if its true though.

Offline Mark Etheridge

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:33. »
From Google Translate:

PRESS RELEASE OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE COUNCIL IN RELATION TO THE INTERRUPTION OF SUPPLY RELATING TO THE GRAN NET COMPANY

Santa Pola, December 7, 2016

From the Department of Infrastructures and Public Services, it is reported to the public that the company VIDEOCAM PRODUCCIONES, SL, known as Gran Net, provider of telephone and satellite television services in the area of ​​Gran Alacant, The imminent cut of said supplies.

All this is motivated by a report from the head of the Municipal Electricity Services, dated November 8, which shows that public lighting installations are being used for fiber optic cabling, which is strictly prohibited in the legislation Applicable.

From the City Hall, the company was required, as early as September, to proceed with the disassembly and removal of the data service wiring detected inside several public lighting ducts, with a deadline of 31 October .

Taking into account the fact that this has not been done, the City Council is obliged to take the appropriate legal, technical and administrative actions, which will result in the interruption of the supply that supplies said wiring, scheduled for the day January 9, this date being considered as the most convenient in order not to interfere with the normal operation of the service received by the customers of the said company at these Christmas dates.

From the Department of Infrastructures, those affected by the cut of supply are asked to contact the concessionaire to make possible claims, as well as reminds that the OMIC (Municipal Office of Consumer Information ) Is at your complete disposal to proceed to the processing of as many complaints and claims as deemed appropriate.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:04. »
Can I have a link to the original source please?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 13:44. »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 14:08. »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a good news update, as I've never had much of a problem with their TV,phone and Internet package. In a recent test I got 40 Mbs, much better than what I got in UK for twice as much wonga.

Mind you if it's on Facebook it must be true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 14:10. by llamedos »

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 14:20. »
Unless Ive miscontrued this it would appear that Grannet have done nothing wrong!!

http://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/consejodeministros/Paginas/enlaces/090916enlaceredes.aspx

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 14:42. »
Seems a bit of a storm in a teacup it's apparently only 1 cable that is in a electricity duct and it has diverse routing anyway so it won't effect anyone .im sure it's only a mistake that will only take a few hours to rectify

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 15:51. »
Diginova sent me this as well on Whatsapp???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Stan

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 16:11. »
Judging by the post title it would seem that the OP has a bit of an axe to grind! 8) 8)

Offline Lolabunny

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 17:15. »
Why do people always want to black list a company without knowing all the details !!!!!! I use Gran Net and have had one or two problems along the way,  which have always been speedily rectified. But hey!! I used to pay Telefonica 3 times as much each month for a very poor 'dial up' service. Would not want to go back to that. We also need competition within our area to keep prices down, so let's try to support local companies, whether we particularly favour them or not.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 20:17. »
Completely agree.  Original posting, and particularly its title, are completely over the top.  Any libel lawyers out there?

Bert

Offline Bunny

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 20:21. »
I speak as I found, we had a disgusting service from Grannet. and it cost us a fortune.