Author Topic: Tax?  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Bumpkinblue

Tax?
« on: November 16, 2016, 21:02. »
Hi everyone,

Have owned a house in GA for just under a year and thought I had come to grips with the outgoings from my bank account but spotted a transaction the other week for €47.94 which states 'Taxes Ayuntamiento de Santa Pola' - is this for refuse collection etc? I have never paid this at any other time this year.
 Also we are in Monte Y Mar 3.2 (near Unide) and have had €20 taken from my account by the local community association - we understand that there was a meeting in August but did not receive the minutes as we normally do - I wondered if someone could enlighten me on if this €20 was a 'one off' charge and what it was for,
Many thanks,Paul

Offline gunner

Tax?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 21:57. »
Welcome to Spain the land of the shrinking bank acc. They think of a new tax every week.LOl

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Tax?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 23:32. »
Somewhere along the line you will have given your authority for payments to be taken from your account.
Standing orders are an asset for bills that occur regularly, & prevent horrible shocks  like " haven't paid Suma for 3 years..
If your community charges are taken monthly/2 monthly his could well be it.
Have a look at your bank statement.

Offline Bumpkinblue

Tax?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 07:57. »
Definitely not the community charge as that is about €34 taken on a regular basis where it actually states that it is the Community charge whilst this doesn't. I didn't know if this was for something such as refuse collection or anything else that wasn't covered by the community charge.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Tax?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 08:58. »
It will probably be your Basura (waste). It's taken this time every year and mine for Altomar One was just under 50 euros.

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Tax?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 09:11. »
The bill for 47 euros from Santa Pola is for the rubbish collection etc etc, and the 20 euros taken from the local community association goes towards replacing the concrete edge around the community pool, we also had to pay this.

Offline Bumpkinblue

Tax?
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 23:19. »
Lovely - it's good to know where my money's going!
Thanks very much for the replies,
Paul