Author Topic: Urb Gran Alacant  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Chris C

Urb Gran Alacant
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:52. »
Does anybody know much about this urb? It's opposite Altomar II on the left as you drive up towards the market. There's some seriously cheap properties for sale but I believe the community fees are quite high. The views rights across the bay and towards Alicante look spectacular though

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:05. »
I assume you are talking about the white flats

I think they were one of the 1st properties built here in GA

I know people in the past who have looked at the properties before and although they are quite big apartments the main issue always appears to be the community charges.

These obviously include painting of the blocks which is a obviously quite expense, I'm not sure if the blocks have lifts but if they have then the maintenance of these is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris C

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:16. »
Yes those are the ones I mean, quite ugly looking but a lot of property for your money. They were built 1982-85 I believe

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 11:20. »
I think the problem is probably the amount of Community Charge though 

Offline Maricia

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 15:46. »
According to GA Homefinders the service charges are 720 Euros (I thought they would be higher):

http://www.ga-homefinders.co.uk/apartment-in-gran-alacant-575.html

BW

Maricia

Offline Chris C

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 17:53. »
Nice one Marcia, the norm is about 350 euros a year so around double. There looks to be some nice flats with spectacular views on that urb

Offline Maricia

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 17:59. »
Hi Chris,

We currently pay 400 Euros for the use of a communal pool only, therefore, if you factor in lifts, grounds maintenance etc. Then 720 Euros is not too bad :) Family have a property near Malaga (nothing spectacular when it comes to amenities) and they pay 2500 Euros per annum.

BW

Maricia

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 18:10. »
That is a lot for an apartment

Offline Chris C

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 18:28. »
Altomar is about 350 I think, as stated if there are lifts to maintain and I think they are in very large grounds. Just wondered if anyone on here lived in one or knows someone who does, and what they're like

Offline gunner

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 18:30. »
You have to watch out there are 2 different service charges depending on what block you are in at one time they were paying that sort of money a month. Most of the blocks have a realy bad problem with water getting into the ceilings due to the render on the outside walls leaking.

Offline Chris C

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 20:00. »
You have to watch out there are 2 different service charges depending on what block you are in at one time they were paying that sort of money a month. Most of the blocks have a realy bad problem with water getting into the ceilings due to the render on the outside walls leaking.

Gunner, invaluable information - thanks.

Offline julietmorris

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 06:18. »
We have a 4 bed property in Urb Gran Alacant which is the largest size available. We  pay121 euros a month standard service charge. I believe the charge for a 2 bed is about 78 euros per month. We are currently paying an extra 126 euros per month for 40 months for refurbishment of outside of blocks, but this is the only time we have been charged extra. We have had our flat for 5 years but previously my father owned his flat since it was built. There is a problem with service charge debtors due to various legal challenges but this seems to be being addressed by the new administrators. I have to say the amazing views from our flat and the communal gardens make up for any other issues. Let me know if you need any other info.

Offline Chris C

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 06:29. »
We have a 4 bed property in Urb Gran Alacant which is the largest size available. We  pay121 euros a month standard service charge. I believe the charge for a 2 bed is about 78 euros per month. We are currently paying an extra 126 euros per month for 40 months for refurbishment of outside of blocks, but this is the only time we have been charged extra. We have had our flat for 5 years but previously my father owned his flat since it was built. There is a problem with service charge debtors due to various legal challenges but this seems to be being addressed by the new administrators. I have to say the amazing views from our flat and the communal gardens make up for any other issues. Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks for the info Juliet, for a 4 bed that is nearly 3000 euros a year, food for thought to consider before buying one

Offline gunner

Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 14:31. »
Hi Chris the worst part about it . is paying the extra monthly is no guarantee the work will ever get done There have been people paying the extra for years only to be told when they have got round to there block to do the work The work cannot be done because theres no more money. .

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Urb Gran Alacant
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 15:39. »
When looking at community charges, you're not just paying for a communal pool.  Your streets will be cleaned & maintained, ditto gardens & communal areas.  The paying of bills, collection of fees, & pursuit of debtors all take somebody's time & effort.  The arrangement of meetings, production of minutes & agendas, & conducting the meetings themselves also feature.
I personally feel our fees (400 per annum) represent good value for money, especially when compared with my UK council tax.