Author Topic: Alicante  (Read 1637 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Alicante
« on: October 25, 2016, 11:26. »
Positive stuff

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/beach/721349/Alicante-Spanish-city-on-the-crest-of-wave

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Chris C

Alicante
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 21:48. »
Alicante is a beautiful city, the views from the castle are breathtaking

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Alicante
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 22:44. »
We had lunch in Alicante today. Was so busy. Great menu del dia in a great city. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 11:20. »
One of (my) key reasons for buying in GA was the close proximity to Alicante.

I think if we had gone further afield we might have got more property for our money but the combination fo being close to the beach and Alicante itself is a great combination.

I never get tired of walking around the Barrio - I still haven't tried ALL the bars yet - love those tiny kiosks that have a servery straight onto the street, great place to be on a summer (or winter) evening.

Lasting memory for me a couple of winters ago was sitting outside the "Austin" bar with a couple of the air / burner heaters on having a beer watch the Rugby with loads of Spanish lads around us - such great atmosphere.

I love the place !
BeachLife

Offline jenkin

Alicante
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 17:31. »
During the month we stayed in GA (September/October) we observed a number of cruise ships docking at Alicante cruise terminal.  This is very good news for the local economy and tourism in the area. It has been announced that over the next three weeks 8,000 cruisers will be disembarking from cruise ships. In 2013 the terminal had 32 ships but now up to 70 per year are expected to visit.  The port is laying on tourist information, excursions and medical assistance. I am pleased to see a small but accessible port such as Alicante being used by the larger cruise lines.  In general Valencia and Barcelona are used as destinations, so bravo Alicante! Jen

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Alicante
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 08:20. »
I had a P&O brochure yesterday and note that Ventura has Alicante as a port on two of her cruises next year.