Author Topic: Same as it always was  (Read 3018 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Same as it always was
« on: October 21, 2016, 11:18. »
We've just had a very enjoyable four and a half weeks in GA.
Before we came I'd seen various posts saying that the area was not as clean as normal and that standards had slipped
To us it looked just as its looked for the last few years, no worse no better.

Looking forward to our next visit in January

Hasta luego

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Same as it always was
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 15:28. »
Have to agree but in our case - a bonus!

Some might recall me going on about an old ex US Navy rubber boat, an eyesore sitting outside our place for over 12 years. Well - it's gone!!

Happiness :-)

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Same as it always was
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 19:28. »
Did the tide come in?  :P

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Same as it always was
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 00:20. »
Its proberly been washed away with the rain this week !!!!!!!

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Same as it always was
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 10:20. »
Ha ha - maybe - the community slapped a "take this away or we will" notice to the owner on it 18 months ago, looks like somebody acted on it. Whatever, well happy now.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline jdr

Same as it always was
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 14:49. »
Hi everyone
Sorry but in my humble opinion things have got worse over recent years, on our daily bike ride from home to light house and N332, we see things that perhaps others don,t, the public bins opposite Altomar 2 near market were a disgrace yesterday builders rubbish house hold and much more (not all from Altomar 2 certainly) they are normally bad but yesterday awful, but today the rubbish has been removed, but the residue still there is a eyesore.
The bins out side Olivio Del Oro are no longer at location ( recyclable and non recyclable) and rubbish is being left where the bins were located, there is two recycling bins adjacent to Life resort (Santra) administration used by commercial units at life resort but no bins for non recycling rubbish, therefore non recyclable is being left by neighbors from Monte faro/ Don Pueblo and others.
Parents/grandparents who drive to bus stops so that the children can board and get picked up from school bus as well as out side pharmacy, think nothing of emptying ashtrays, leaving empty drinks cans/bottles,manufactures coffee cups, tissues and believe me old nappies on curbs and on road, now that summer is not here there is no street cleaners around to clean up after them rubbish being washed a way down drains and blocking them in rain.
I see when going to Santa Pola over the top that there is always street cleaners in the old traditional area of town,beside road from Euroski to schools, but not in GA!!!!
This is how we see it each day but I,m sure many parts of GA have a similar problems, its easy to blame visitors but these people live here as we do.
However despite all the these comments we are VERY happy here and love our life here
Cheers
Jim

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Same as it always was
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 12:48. »
The Carabassi Complex is currently getting a make over. Started last week at the front with repairs to the stairs and tiling. Now there is a small army round the back replacing missing tiles, rendering the outside walls where the bars made alterations and left a mess, clearing the planted area at the side of Molly Malones, painting the ramp inside and out etc.etc. Must be 20 men on site.
Dave

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Same as it always was
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 15:41. »
 How lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Same as it always was
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 17:33. »
I saw them starting at 9am then having a tea break at 11am, not that I'm keeping tabs.

Offline Calsh

Same as it always was
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 17:41. »
The Carabassi Complex is currently getting a make over. Started last week at the front with repairs to the stairs and tiling. Now there is a small army round the back replacing missing tiles, rendering the outside walls where the bars made alterations and left a mess, clearing the planted area at the side of Molly Malones, painting the ramp inside and out etc.etc. Must be 20 men on site.
Dave

Is this make over being completed/funded by Santa Pola Council or is this part of the maintenance by the Carabassi complex landlords?
Cheers
Cal

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Same as it always was
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 21:22. »
 I understand that the landlords are Gama and their vans are coming and going so it seems they are doing some of the works or at least managing it. No idea who is funding it though. They are even replacing the street light columns that have had the lamps broken for years.
Dave

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Same as it always was
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 17:38. »
The back of the block looks really nice now and there's even some lights so I can see where the dog does his poop.