Author Topic: Everyone should be on their guard against these low life scum  (Read 546 times)

Offline masmu

I know we have had many postings on this forum about the horrible people that are going around our area robbing and injuring (physically and/or mentally) their victims in the process.

Last week I heard of another attack. A elderly gentleman (80+) was in the car park near the bowling club. He had just taken his bowls bag out of the boot of his car when a young 'lady' went over to him and greeted him like an old friend, asked him how he was, what time was it, gave him a hug, said goodbye, and then went off. He was mystified - until he realised that his expensive and very sentimental watch had gone!

When he went to the police station later to report the incident there were 7 other people reporting similar thefts and as he was leaving 3 more victims came in.  So at least 11 victims that we know of in one day!

Those of us who subscribe to this forum are fortunate that we do hear about some of the various scams going on from each other.  However, I feel very strongly that the message should get out to the wider population in the area and ask if it would be possible for the publishers of the Gran Alacant Advertiser to do an article in their magazine - maybe getting some figures and further information from the police????

Some of the victims have been elderly and/or vulnerable so easy targets for these despicable people and it is vital that as many people as possible are aware of what can happen.  Forewarned and all that.